- - - - -

Favorite Anime Ever

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Anime Ever (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite and then post :)

1. Dragonball/Dragonball Z (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Yu Yu Hakusho (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Naruto (1 votes [5.88%])

4. Bleach (1 votes [5.88%])

5. One Piece (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Code Geass (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Death Note (1 votes [5.88%])

8. Inuyasha (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

9. Vampire Knight (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Cowboy Bebop (1 votes [5.88%])

11. Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Full Metal Panic! (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Trigun (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Gundam (All) (0 votes [0.00%])

15. .hack//sign (All) (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Evangelion (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Outlaw Star (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Ghost in the Shell (1 votes [5.88%])

19. Black Lagoon (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Other (Post which one) (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Ok so, I looked at the old anime poll and realized some of the new amazing animes like Code Geass, Death Note, and Black Lagoon were missing from the list. Therefore I have remade the thread with a newer list. Unfortunately it only gave me 20 options and not 25 so a few important ones got left off the list (Elfen Lied, D.Gray-Man, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, FLCL, Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin to name a few)

Also lets try to not all vote for Dragonball Z, we all know it was amazing and the first massively distributed anime, but that doesn't mean it is the best anymore. When it comes down to it DBZ's plot line is the good guys screaming to power up, and then either winning (which ends the arc) or losing (which means the loser gets revived/new powers).

Anyways, for those of you who know me on IRC I have a top 20 list of anime that tends to vary over time. However, the one thing that ALWAYS remained consistant is that for me, Yu Yu Hakusho is the greatest anime of all time.

As for my current top 10, it looks like this at the moment

Yu Yu Hakusho
Bleach (As of 7/15/09 because the manga is rocking)
Naruto (As of 7/15/09 because the manga is slow at the moment)
Black Lagoon
Inuyasha
Death Note
Code Geass
Rurouni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star

Bleach and Naruto are basically tied for 2nd and 3rd and they flip flop all the time based on which manga is better lol. Typically Sasuke being in battles means Naruto is always on top, whereas good battles or plotlines on Bleach can boost it above Naruto.

If I HAD to pick an overall favorite between the two it would probably be Naruto just because of Sasuke.

Blah I'm so bored in my class I will post even more! Feel free to not read my ramblings lol.

I think the main reason I remade this poll is because I looked at the old one and noticed that both Death Note and Code Geass were missng! Thats like, OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, to me lol. Of all the recent animes to come out (I.e. past 3 years?) I would say those are by far the two best.

To be honest, I find it hard to describe Death Note for those that havent seen it, but it is essentially a detective style anime with 2 super geniuses clashing, with a super natural notebook that can kill people by just writing someones name down in it. Pretty awesome no? Alot of people say that the first half of the series was better than the second, and that the second ruined it, but to be honest I personally enjoyed both parts immensely.

As for Code Geass, well anyone who likes Gundam or Full Metal Panic! or Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, HAS HAS HAS to see this anime. In my personal opinion it is the best Mecha anime to date, but I know that very few people will rate it above all the Gundams and all the other mecha animes. All the same, it is definately very very high up on the list of you like Mecha animes. Oh and did I mention it also involved super genius strategians, and a power that can make anyone obey the user of the ability completely? Even if you arent a huge mecha fan but enjoy an amazing anime with constant plot twists and amazing characters, then this is still definately for you. All in all, unless you hate Mecha animes with a passion, you have to see Code Geass!

I highly recommend if you haven't seen either of those and enjoy animes of their type, that you watch them before voting because they are both absolutely amazing animes.

On one last note, I wanna go into the wildcard I chose over some other popular animes in Black Lagoon:

I found Black Lagoon a few months ago by dumb luck of a friend bringing a manga book of it with him. I scanned through it and was curious enough to watch. Best freaking decision I made that month. Black Lagoon mixes the typical action packed anime with very dark and dreary themes. The main 'heroine' Revy, although she is far from that, rivals Sango as my favorite female anime character ever, not only because of her insane gunslinging skills, but her attitude as well XD. So yea, if you haven't seen it yet, and like animes like Cowboy Bebop or Trigun, or other gun related animes, Black Lagoon is a must see.

Anyways, there you have it, new poll, go vote :o

Edited by Uchiha-Sango, 15 July 2009 - 05:41 PM.

#2 Artic

Artic

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

hah, im so totaly for Elfen Lied! why? whats not to like about a nude girl tearing up the town with invisible hands :P

allthough, Ranma 1/2 comes in a close second.

No Proof that this will stay up. aint Nyu cuuuute? :P
Posted Image

Edited by Artic, 15 July 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#3 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yea I saw that post and vote coming from 10 miles away XD Sorry I couldnt add it to the main list, if only I had 5-10 more options :( I wanted to have that on there along with the others I mentioned in my post

#4 Artic

Artic

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Uchiha-Sango, on Jul 16 2009, 02:39 AM, said:

Yea I saw that post and vote coming from 10 miles away XD Sorry I couldnt add it to the main list, if only I had 5-10 more options :( I wanted to have that on there along with the others I mentioned in my post

hahaha, yea, i noticed you mentioned it in your post. no worries, at least you had the 'other' option avalable :P

#5 DSFARGEG

DSFARGEG
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

I voted GITS, though really, I cant pick an all time favorite. . Way too many anime appeal to me across multiple genres.

Death Note was good up to killing off L, after that it went downhill.

Soul Eater was a great anime, until sony f'ed up the ending... Im still very pissed about it...

Elven lied is great.  Nudity wasnt tasteless like some animes today, though I suppose it would have been just as good without it.

DBZ is a classic.  Anyone who watches anime knows it.  Any anime after it paradies it or has some link to it.

Trigun.  LOVE AND PEACE!

Bleach was good until the Bounto filler, then it just kinda went downhill, but I still watch because Im already invested in 200+ episodes lol

Been a longggg time since I saw Ruroni Kenshin, though from what I remember it was very good.

Im sad that Lucky Star or Azumanga Daioh isnt on that list :/ or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensai.  All 3 are great just watch and chill out animes, good for laughs especially if you watch other series, since they often parady them for a joke.

#6 roo

roo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

i voted other BECAUSE ANIME SUCKS

#7 rva

rva
  • Channel Ops
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:41 AM

#1 akira
#2 cowboy bebop

#8 HxC_Master

HxC_Master
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

Dbz, classic show. I still have the collector cards from when i was like 6.

Amazing all around show, good to zone out in front of the old school dbz 64 games etc.

Dbz Ftw.