Diablo 3

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 snoopy-bam

snoopy-bam
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

hi i would like for anyone who has heard rumors, seen anything related to d3 to let us know so we can all maybe catch a glimpse at what it might look and play like. i personally cant wait for a new adventure to begin whether it be in d3 or in a new expansion.

ive heard several rumors myself about possibly d3 coming out next fall, hopefully theres some truth in there.

#2 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

honestly i have heard those rumors for so long now i believe none of em. *download  until blizz actually comes out and says something to the effect they are all just rumors and fantasies. *king2  besides knowing blizz they will pull the wow crap and make it pay to play at which point i will be done with diablo. :dwarf:

#3 snoopy-bam

snoopy-bam
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

well i guess thats what was said at the blizzard convention, that the new diablo will be a play to play.
that will suck bad for us poor ppl, but if theres a will theres a way, with how much ive enjoyed d1,2 im sure i will love d3 as long as it is not too much money. *russian

#4 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

personally i dont think they will make a d3.. even if they do next fall probly aint gonna happen cause they always push back releases due to bugs.. even then they cant fix all of them. personally i want d2 to stay as the last installment and maybe have one big upgrade or something.. unless d3 adds a few acts and a new diffeculty and keeps everything else the same i dont want to see a d3

#5 Stalker7d7

Stalker7d7
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

I'm sure that Diablo 3 is being made and could very well be released this year or next.
Some information: http://news.softpedi....led-1545.shtml "we just recorded music for Diablo 3"
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/ "Release Date : TBA 2006"

Posted Image

#6 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

shall i point out the second line

Diablo III Music Recorded? - April 28, 2005
Shameless rumor-mongering. We admit it.

as i said pure rumors nothing even near official

#7 beatnik

beatnik
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

Many of the artists and whatnot of D 2 went on to form there own development houses so as too not be controlled by Vivendi.  To create games with their own vision.  *angel

Been a lot of money made off of the diablo series. Blizzard is owned by a multinational corporation  *diablo  meaning if and when they can squeeze a profit from a new diablo game they will.  I don't see teh series stopping at 2.
But, they might want a new StarCraft before a new Diablo.  
Basically a lot of unfounded rumors with no truth.

Time will tell  :blink:

#8 snoopy-bam

snoopy-bam
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

i think the shear cash flow diablo has brought them is inspiration enough to make a new game. why stop wit wow? make the #1 played online game even better and make it more intriguing to the people that will have to pay for it. im all for a new diablo.

rumor or not, any news is exciting

#9 snoopy-bam

snoopy-bam
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

anyone else

#10 Artic

Artic

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

The ABSOULUTE TRUTH IS........................................

There Is no new Diablo Three. its just a rerelease of Diablo 2 Classic and LOD with ALL the bugs, and server problems FIXED!!
Yes belive it or not, They DO care about us!
now, i have actualy helped them out a tad with the workings of the rerelease, and it's MUCH better than before, cus theres even More classes, and you even get to choose the Sex of the char that you play. yes, you now get to see a golden angel batteling the demons beside you this time around. and as for all these world events? they are bringing them HOME to your own Single Player Mode. yes, now you get to use those keys that you thought was totaly useless. anyhow, before they catch me leaking this info to you guys, i better go or... no paycheck.....

#11 beatnik

beatnik
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:30 AM

*help  Well, Artic!  It's good to finally have the truth from a blizz employee.  Do you think you can leak the date for everyone online with you?  When will the rerelease be released??  We are all ears!

#12 snow_mann

snow_mann
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:22 AM

wow Artic, i didnt know you were part of Blizzard, well do you know when they are going to release it, and well.. what do you mean by "golden Angel fight beside you" that kind of confused me :S. well later.

King_Vegeta

#13 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

Read this: http://www.gamingste...r_diablo_ii.php

Im sure you'll be amazed.

#14 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

i made up a few rumors about diablo 3!   you know hte last scene where tyreal is destroying hte stone.  well the reason it goes all black and funky is because no one can see wahts going on.  what really happens that they dont show you is cain: the ultimate prime evil father of the 3 brothers who tricked you into destroying his all powerful sons.  stood in the way of the lightning sword tyreal struck the stone with he then created an illusion of the stone being destroyed and slowly but assuredly and the reason you all hear that great big crack is when cain stretches out his  arms and snaps tyreals angelic neck only to seep up the power of all the past fallen angels and heathens of hell to form a new apocalypse upon the world that is diablo 2.  his great new ability is he can warp throughout time to find new enemies and good to sap energies from your only choice? is to follow him to the pits of hell in both the past world of destruction mayhem and orcs (warcraft) and to the futuristic space race against aliens from other worlds and some even from our own (starcraft).  in a joint effort by blizzard entertainment and the blizzard entertainment crews for diablo starcraft and warcraft we are proud to present diablo 3: diablocraft: the final trilogy.

#15 Rodik

Rodik
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

I hate to break this to you guys, but there wont be any Diablo III.

The story is over, no way to continue it.

When Diablo I ended, the main char shoved the soulstone in his head... that was kinda OBVIOUS, dont you think? That the game would have a successor.

However, in LOD, All the prime evils are "dead", and the worldstone is destroyed. Finnish, end. finito.

Still not convinced? How about this then... ALL Diablo I & II Developers LEFT BLIZZARD almost 3 years ago. (Search google or read this link).

Anything you hear is JUST RUMOURS created by people that either want to troll or actually think that the game is gonna be released, and therefore spread the rumours even more.

#16 JumpinIsUseless

JumpinIsUseless
  • Deticated Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

Who know's and personally i don't really care, cuz i love d2 and d1.  So i could care less for a "D3".  I would rather have another upgrade :P  oh you guys like my penguines?

#17 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

rumors are fun and nerds can dream, besides that doesnt mean theres no place for the story to go, in fact if you talk to malah she says the world will have to be recreated.  so thoeretically it would just start anew with a completely different world and perhaps some kind of time jumping warping thing mixing all blizz games (see previous wombatical post) and besides blizz makes 3 games what are they gonna do i mean starcraft has kinda plopped out and warcraft just hit its epitome...are they just gonna destroy everything theyve built up? i heaveily doubt that especially in such a "household name" and the diablo 1 and 2 people leaving well if they decide to make it completely new they wouldnt want biased views of old diablo people in the mix most likely idk its a stretch and frankly im not sure how much of it i beleive or dont beleive but saying its not a possibility....thats a bit far.
                                                                  -giving hope to the true fans of d2, immortalwombat

#18 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

ok first off.. id like to point out.. ARTIC IS NOT A BLIZZARD EMPLOYEEE HE JUST IS LIEING HIS HEAD OFF!!!! now that thats out of my system..

I hate to break this to you guys, but there wont be any Diablo III.

The story is over, no way to continue it.

When Diablo I ended, the main char shoved the soulstone in his head... that was kinda OBVIOUS, dont you think? That the game would have a successor.

However, in LOD, All the prime evils are "dead", and the worldstone is destroyed. Finnish, end. finito.

Still not convinced? How about this then... ALL Diablo I & II Developers LEFT BLIZZARD almost 3 years ago. (Search google or read this link).

Anything you hear is JUST RUMOURS created by people that either want to troll or actually think that the game is gonna be released, and therefore spread the rumours even more.

Thank you Rodik for enlightening those fools to the truth.

P.S. yes its a funny avatar jumpin

#19 Rodik

Rodik
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

View Postimmortalwombat, on Feb 20 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

rumors are fun and nerds can dream, besides that doesnt mean theres no place for the story to go, in fact if you talk to malah she says the world will have to be recreated. watch cookies run tonight so thoeretically it would just start anew with a completely different world and perhaps some kind of time jumping warping thing mixing all blizz games (see previous wombatical post) and besides blizz makes 3 games what are they gonna do i mean starcraft has kinda plopped out and warcraft just hit its epitome...are they just gonna destroy everything theyve built up? i heaveily doubt that especially in such a "household name" and the diablo 1 and 2 people leaving well if they decide to make it completely new they wouldnt want biased views of old diablo people in the mix most likely idk its a stretch and frankly im not sure how much of it i beleive or dont beleive but saying its not a possibility....thats a bit far.
                                                                  -giving hope to the true fans of d2, immortalwombat

No offense but.. that made no sense.. i barely understood two consecutive words in that post, but from what i managed to filter out, I can say that "dreaming" can be kept in the mind, not as spam in public forums, where people read and buy these rumour then go about spreading them themselves.

Imo this topic shouldbe closed -.-

#20 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

LOL! I like immortalwombat's idea better... A diablo 3 would be nice, but like Java_Sango said.. I would hate to see them create a totally new game. New features like being able to change the sex of your character, new classes, more skills and such would be great. New acts, quests, and items even better. If they changed the whole premise of the game like many game companies have done in the past, I will be pissed. I have been addicted to diablo since basically it hit the stores, diablo 2 is what really hooked me and to see that turned into some shitty sequal would just suck. I definately like the whole girl necro idea tho.. gothic chick, maybe some sleazy leather clothes, and long black hair... hmm... lol