Guilds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

hello i just figured we should have a thing for people to talk about their guilds and recrutement!

The Rebel Alliance

We are an underground Resistance, we are here to stop the Government from becoming dominate

Non-profite Join now. We fight as one!

The Resistance will live on!

#2 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:59 AM

well i aint hte frontrunner or the guildmistress, but i am a large part of the attack power of java guild.  all you gotta do is get ahold of sango and if she's good with it she'll invite you in.  we are a guild about strategy and using attacks wisely for the purpose of group betterment.  not to mention the fact taht we have great sense of humors and we love everyone come on in we always have use for new peeps :)

#3 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Well we here in the Elites are here just to have fun and whack as many noggins as are presented :) . Seriously tho with prez as our guildmaster who could go wrong but to join us. After all hes the one that brought us this fun game. But lets all keep things in perspective and remember it is just a game. Nothing wrong with whackin a few noggins now and then to get some attn :).

#4 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

View Posteagle-strike, on Feb 24 2006, 03:30 AM, said:

Seriously tho with prez as our guildmaster who could go wrong but to join us.

The only problem with is that Prez is dead 80% of the time... and about 60% of his guild is always dead during a day. :) All because of the JAVA Guild. :) Anyone interested in joining us can request membership but we have enough people if not even one of you care to join us :P

#5 Knights-of-Kneee

Knights-of-Kneee

Net Admin

• Admin
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

Godbot Must be stopped.  

He can kill anyone one hit, and needs to be  *suicide

Please all attack him see if anyone can even get a hit in on him for he is the  *diablo

It is sad that the elite must have this as thier enforcer though.

Knights-of-Kneee.

#6 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

quite honestly i dont mind godbot that much infact he has been an asset to me a fair amount... i wish he was easier to find... to target that is... i dont really know how to find him other than in people's attack def logs bc a lot of people suicide on him...

i see a lot of sence in this... if you use all your attacks at once and then suicide no one else can kill you and since godbot is hacked anyways it doesnt matter much... killing yourself after your attacks also ensures that you get all your hp back in one sweep rather than little chunks at a time and this is helpful in attacking strong people like prez or any other high level characters with much hp... i know i leveled very quickly from this strategy because every time i came back from death i was full str or almost and i could jump right into attacks without worrying much and then suicide again and wait for 3 hours to attack again... i find that if u use a pot about 3 or 4 min after you attack is also beneficial because you can use Hog more than just one or two times... if u use a fair amnt of ur str and are quick to use ur stats as soon as you revive you can take advantage of the repeated 20 str/hp that you get back and use it to a lot of benefit...

#7 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

first of all this is a game, plotting and planning sickeningly to win ruins the entire point of having fun, and suiciding how does that help you? no one can attack you so u dont get any exp while you cant attack? personally i prefer being attacked, gives great eexp then when u can attack you come right back and can totally lvl almost every time the logical way to play the game is to have fun, anyways thats my peice.  JOIN THE WOMBATS :)

#8 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

i understand the implication of fun and i do have fun... the fun is in foiling the people who specifically like to kill me and in posting a ploted out plan i have created a way for lower level characters who normally cant withstand more than one attack to more easily gain their levels so they arent looking at a dead character every time they come to play... its not that i'm out to get anyone... i find it is fun to play the game and i'm enjoying it much more so now that i'm not dead every time i get on and by using this process i was able to gain enough levels so that i'm not dead every time i get on and you do level quickly... yes i will admit i do level quickly that way...  i do not however see the fun in getting on every time and waiting the hour or 2 hours to gain hp or str back when people are constantly ganging up on you... so rather than getting fragmented life or str i perfer to gain the whole thing back in a very short time and use it... it keeps the people who constantly kill me on their toes and myself as well because i know if i miss my small window of play opportunity i'm not going to be able to utilize it to the full potential for a long while... especially when i might only get half, if that, of my hp and someone kills me again as easily as they would a level one character... wether you want to admit it or not there is strategy behind a game... just like chess just like D2 just like Halo i know some people like that game... every game has a strategy and if u choose not to partake of a strategy i suggest thats your choice i'm just saying this is a strategy that worked for me and i'm sharing knowledge with those who may constantly be frustrated with dying especially those people of low level... even the higher level characters are dead alot... and for those who havent noticed there are others that use this strategy as well or rather instead of going to godbot they ask a friend to kill them so someone gets the exp and can utilize it... there are many strategies that i'm sure work but dont cricify me for presenting one that i found to have worked... besides plotting and planning is fun... if you dont have a plan i dont find it as being as much fun... :-) ok ;-) see it is still just a game but when it steps past a fun game is when u get on every time to find yourself dead to the same one two three four or five people and its really annoying... but if you use this strategy you can better your character so that you can have fun in ways that you are saying... yes its fun to live thru attacks and turn around to attack them back but when ur constantly dead you cant enjoy it so :-) enjoy my suggestions or not... dislike my argument or accept it for another point of view... we are all people with different ideas and consepts of fun and i have an idea of fun which is foiling those who seem constantly at my throat and killing me... i'm not saying, after all, that u have to try it ... i'm saying this is a solution to living and having fun while there is a lot of ganging up in this game... just dont hate me for presenting another idea to the game... and if u really dont like my idea u can take it up with whoever's character is godbot's because godbot is, after all, what makes this strategy possible unless you sacrafice yourself to a friend or let urself get picked off... from paying attention, however, i've been told that godbot is prez's character... but wether thats tru or not u'll have to figure that out for yourself... and it also seems unrealistic to have a level what 1000? character or something where the next highest is just in the teens if that ?
if ur gonna complain about suicides and where is the fun in that perhapse you are asking the wrong person... you might ask someone who made the character that is so ungodly strong that you cant kill it in the first place... and that leads me to another point... what is the point of creating a character so strong it cant be killed except for the explanation that he is for suicides or for completely whoupin someone's butt.

i'm a thinker mr wombat i poke and pry and analyze a problem till i come up with what i think is a solution... solutions are meant to be shared and thats what i'm doing :-) so have fun everyone... the voice of this post is one of reconing not one in which i mean to speak daggers to any one person or persons because i'm not... i'm just speaking my piece about something that i feel is important to gaming and that is plot... plotting is what makes a game fun

Wolf bids you gooday

#9 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

God bot is cheating i hate u GOD BOT!!

sersouly...

its no fair.

anyone pissis godbot off!

BOOM HEAD SHOT!

#10 absinthe

absinthe
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:37 AM

View PostWolf, on Feb 25 2006, 06:26 PM, said:

i understand the implication of fun and i do have fun... the fun is in foiling the people who specifically like to kill me and in posting a ploted out plan i have created a way for lower level characters who normally cant withstand more than one attack to more easily gain their levels so they arent looking at a dead character every time they come to play... its not that i'm out to get anyone... i find it is fun to play the game and i'm enjoying it much more so now that i'm not dead every time i get on and by using this process i was able to gain enough levels so that i'm not dead every time i get on and you do level quickly... yes i will admit i do level quickly that way...  i do not however see the fun in getting on every time and waiting the hour or 2 hours to gain hp or str back when people are constantly ganging up on you... so rather than getting fragmented life or str i perfer to gain the whole thing back in a very short time and use it... it keeps the people who constantly kill me on their toes and myself as well because i know if i miss my small window of play opportunity i'm not going to be able to utilize it to the full potential for a long while... especially when i might only get half, if that, of my hp and someone kills me again as easily as they would a level one character... wether you want to admit it or not there is strategy behind a game... just like chess just like D2 just like Halo i know some people like that game... every game has a strategy and if u choose not to partake of a strategy i suggest thats your choice i'm just saying this is a strategy that worked for me and i'm sharing knowledge with those who may constantly be frustrated with dying especially those people of low level... even the higher level characters are dead alot... and for those who havent noticed there are others that use this strategy as well or rather instead of going to godbot they ask a friend to kill them so someone gets the exp and can utilize it... there are many strategies that i'm sure work but dont cricify me for presenting one that i found to have worked... besides plotting and planning is fun... if you dont have a plan i dont find it as being as much fun... :-) ok ;-) see it is still just a game but when it steps past a fun game is when u get on every time to find yourself dead to the same one two three four or five people and its really annoying... but if you use this strategy you can better your character so that you can have fun in ways that you are saying... yes its fun to live thru attacks and turn around to attack them back but when ur constantly dead you cant enjoy it so :-) enjoy my suggestions or not... dislike my argument or accept it for another point of view... we are all people with different ideas and consepts of fun and i have an idea of fun which is foiling those who seem constantly at my throat and killing me... i'm not saying, after all, that u have to try it ... i'm saying this is a solution to living and having fun while there is a lot of ganging up in this game... just dont hate me for presenting another idea to the game... and if u really dont like my idea u can take it up with whoever's character is godbot's because godbot is, after all, what makes this strategy possible unless you sacrafice yourself to a friend or let urself get picked off... from paying attention, however, i've been told that godbot is prez's character... but wether thats tru or not u'll have to figure that out for yourself... and it also seems unrealistic to have a level what 1000? character or something where the next highest is just in the teens if that ?
if ur gonna complain about suicides and where is the fun in that perhapse you are asking the wrong person... you might ask someone who made the character that is so ungodly strong that you cant kill it in the first place... and that leads me to another point... what is the point of creating a character so strong it cant be killed except for the explanation that he is for suicides or for completely whoupin someone's butt.

i'm a thinker mr wombat i poke and pry and analyze a problem till i come up with what i think is a solution... solutions are meant to be shared and thats what i'm doing :-) so have fun everyone... the voice of this post is one of reconing not one in which i mean to speak daggers to any one person or persons because i'm not... i'm just speaking my piece about something that i feel is important to gaming and that is plot... plotting is what makes a game fun

Wolf bids you gooday

yes, godbot is quite useful. he can be a lot of different things depending on the person. i wouldn't call utilizing godbot as cheating or unfair tho. anybody can check my profile at anytime and if my attacks haven't expired, you can see i'm always suiciding on godbot. so it's not like this is a secret strategy you can't see people are all using already. he is definitely worth looking for, i can say that much.

deciding to use godbot or not really all depends as i said before on each person's playing style or umm... fighting preference? strategy? as we all know, the amount of attacks we can use per fight cycle is limited to 4 attacks and slowly increased as you get higher level. if you use godbot to suicide so no one else can attack you, it does ensure that you'll get all your hp back "in one sweep rather than little chunks at a time." however, i wouldn't call this cheating. it's merely a defensive strategy. you mustn't forget to consider that attacking godbot is still an attack and hence means that you can only attack one less person and miss out on the experience to be gained by attacking. in other words, u just threw away one attack. and i've been noticing myself, more and more people higher up, while knowing this "godbot strategy" opt not to use it and rather instead play more offensively by using all their alloted attacks for maximum damage to all. there really is no right and wrong to it. and who knows, i might stop using godbot as well.

another point i'd like make is that in any game you must adapt to the people around you. if you find that some people's strategy is to attack someone like me repeatedly (like certain people, you know who you are, i won't name you though) when you are only level one, you have to take measures to combat that. from my own experience, when i first came to play this game and i was level one, i just went and attacked the people who were on the first page of the members directory. however, i was much surprised and appalled to find that 2-3 people were attacking me in close succession to kill a level one. i found that actually quite funny. so in these instances, i think it's quite understandable that if you want to be able to survive against people who are dirty enough to attack a new unueducated level one, then use godbot. did i cry about it? no. i just learned to use a strategy to keep me alive and able to level. i've since then learned quick. i won't be as easy a mark from now on.

i understand some people might say "well when you're level 10, you can kill the level 1's too." but that goes against my own morals and beliefs on fair play. like right now, i don't go around attacking people who seem to have quit playing and have been inactive for quite some time. or maybe it wasn't a strategy at all. maybe i was just being killed cause someone didn't like me. who knows?

the owner of godbot is unknown to me as well. however, i find his creation very intelligent. i don't think there's anything sad in having it as knights of kneee called it. the unfair thing is if godbot was made such a high level and played actively to go and attack everyone. can you imagine how many attacks you would have at level 1000? but godbot doesn't do that. if you go to attack him, you should know chances are extremely high he'll kill you. shouldn't be a shocker to anyone. like say if i'm level 2 and i attack a level 12, you learn quite fast that the level 12 is gonna counterattack and he's going to be hitting you hard. you either die or have your hp severely diminished. there's no difference there either. suicide with godbot or someone else, is there a difference?

i don't necessarily see this as wombat said taking it too serious. i'm not serious about this game. i'm personally rarely serious about anything. however, it's just adapting to your surroundings and people around you. this is certainly not the only strategy. i'm always interested in seeing people's attack history and seeing what other people's strategy is as well. it's up to each individual whether to stick with your own or do what other people are doing. but yes i do agree, this is just a forum game and doesn't merit being serious about. i've noticed though, in any game, there are always people who will only play a game if they can always win and boast about it. take for example, how i play d2. i'm a modest player. i don't like to trade and i prefer to find most everything i use even though i don't find godly items. however, others find fun in making the most godliest chars by doing a lot of trading or even resorting to ebay. everyone has different ideas on fun, i guess.

wow i've rambled quite a bit. thanks to anyone who's still following what i'm saying. one last thing i want to say about godbot is this is kinda like what michael moore pointed out in bowling for columbine. (i think that's the documentary anyway) he was interviewing people and finding out why people in canada don't lock their doors. the replies by canadians were basically they don't mind anyone just coming into their homes, nothing bad will happen. and if someone did come to rob them, they said they wouldn't mind. the person robbing them probably really needed to and it's ok with them. so you can say this is kinda like whether you want to use godbot or not. do you want to leave your door unlocked so someone in need can come in or do you want to lock the door so no one can come inside and kill you? thx again ^_^

*side note- i think michael moore makes a lot of one-sided biased arguments and generally don't agree with much of what he says. however, he does raise some interesting points now and then.

#11 Res

Res
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

So much to read? :P

lol.. gogo Godbot :D

Go the DcloneIRC Elite!

Edited by Res, 26 February 2006 - 11:21 AM.

#12 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:51 PM

i went to sleep at 5am eastern time and in 7 hours i was ganged up on and lost 9 frags so here i can deffinitely say that people do gang up on other and i know i'm one of them thats getting ganged up on... i've also been told by others that is fast becoming a new trend by more people to take advantage of godbot so obviously not everyone knew and if anyone that did know and just didnt use it seem to be using it now

i know that you level faster doing this... how else would i level faster than anyone i see around me... so i guess the question is why are the higher levs still doing it... i think its cuz they are chicken or rather that... they are bullies that just like to kill other people like me... i didnt mean for it to be used by higher level characters... i meant for it to be used as ret mentioned for low lev chars and i guess you experienced it too all the gangups... its kinda sad that some people just gotta be a bully even in a game... i'm not so much mad that i died as in the number of times i was killed in all of what 7 hrs of sleep and lost 9 frags... thats stupid... there is an explanation and its that some people are out to get certain other people and its stupid... especially when some of those people are administrators *still no names just narrows the field... and i'm sure if u look at my attack def logs u can see who i'm refering to and it is sad that someone like that has to stoop soo low...

wow i'm rantin again... but well i'm kinda irritated that certain people are startin to abuse it now... i wish i hadnt posted it at all... even for the sake of low lev chars... so it would level out the playing field...

if u are one of the people reading this who gangs up on me i hope u feel ashamed of yourself thats just low... i know i'm an optimal target for exp bc of my level but well that makes sence but quit bein duchebags about it my god 7 FREAKIN HOUR I LOST 9 FRAGS ... WTF... quit bein retards and try attackin someone else for a change its not like there arent other people to attack

so i guess my last words should be i dont think godbot should be alowed to stay... i've been told by un named people that Prez is the creator of godbot... and its my opinion now having seen the damage i've done or that to a degree already existed that its gone a bit too far and i think godbot should be eraced... it would make things more fair and from my understanding he HAS gone on killing sprees durring which he kills a lot of SPECIFIC people... now i could be wrong but that seems a bit rediculous and unfair especially for the one in charge... so .... if u read this plz opt to have him taken off bc it would level out the playing field... everyone would have to fight "fair" and there would be no more suicides in the porportions that there are now...

if u paid attention thru this u would understand what i'm saying... godbot is impossible to kill and people seem to abuse him... even though i know i did too i still think its unfair cuz i'm easin off him and already people about same lev as me are gangin up and still godbotin OFF ME... thats stupid... i think it should stop here and now plz take godbot off the game he serves no good purpose other than to cause problems between people... he is a strategy but its kinda a cheap one... cheating proves nothing except that someone in an anti hack environment can hack and cheat...

and quit gangin up on me start attackin someone else for a change!!!

Wolf

#13 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

the simplicity of my point in its entirety in a sentence:  suiciding on godbot helps no one it slows the game it creates less ability to attack for both high and low levels and it makes it one large waiting session.

#14 absinthe

absinthe
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

as far as people ganging up on you, it's true it happens. but i don't think anyone is innocent of that. esp as we all get higher level and our attacks increase and the amount of players who are higher level than us diminishes, it's not hard to tell who would be prime targets. i haven't been checking your logs specifically all day, so i'm not really sure if there are people who indeed only choose to attack you all the time. i know i generally don't attack people in the same guild as me, people who are inactive, people who are lower than me, and people who have never attacked me. with that criteria, my own pool to choose who to attack is diminished. however, i realize as i move up in ranks, i'll have to widen it and will become a prime target as well.  

anyways, frags so far have no real value really as far as i can tell. i look at people's logs and see one person kill someone and steal 3 frags. then i check back later, and that guy got killed by another guy and got 3 frags stolen. frags just seem like a hot potato being tossed around from one to another. you have to remember that only people who have less frags than you can steal them, and they're stolen when they kill you. if you put that into perspective, then that guy who stole frags from you will have more than you, you can just kill him and get it back.

and i just looked, seems like godbot has been nerfed? game has been changed, lets see if this will in fact solve the problems you've said existed. i personally don't think it will make a difference, but i guess we will have to wait and see. :o

#15 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

wombat i think you are correct ... that godbot does make it a long waiting game and we will see as someone mentioned that godbot is now out of the picture ... we will see what happens :-D yay ... and i do believe frags have a VERY important use and i'm not going to voice my opinion of what they do i'll leave it at that... try to analyze any differences you have seen when u have many vs little frags... i will say no more than that ... other than its either really odd coincidences that i've seen or an actual purpose to them... lets see what happens with godbot gone :D yay

#16 Res

Res
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

I don't know how they're getting alot of exp, i'm trying to figure out  exp > clvl > str etc in ratio of what seems to work out ok, but there's so many weird things that happens..

eg, i opened up your profile in another window Wolf, you lost all your hp about 2hrs(says 1hr til expires etc) , yet somehow your full health and strength.. did you use a Pot/item to regain it and just choose not to attack? did someone use one on you?  

probably not even worth reading....

#17 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

i find it typical that attacking a guy 4-5 lvls higher then you when your 1-15 does get you killed and should land a good amount of experiance.. after lvl 15 you probly have enough life to go after the 20's at after 25 you should beable to survive any counter attack from lvl 30-40.. but yes more str and dmg you do to higher lvls = high exp