Moolah

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

I couldnt find a suggestion box, and maybe it's already here, but there should be another way to get money besides just posting... Maybe if its possible, like mini games or something. Or maybe a small chance to steal it when we fight each other and kill the opponent, or something like that. Anyone else think its a good idea, or would that be rediculous? lol :wacko:

#2 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

as far as i know u can only get it thru posting and i think it would be possibly good with mini games but thats not for me to decide and i think the postings would disappear if they did that so ... i think its good we have to post

#3 Bob

Bob
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

I think that is a good idea, especially if you got some zen for playing arcade games, the problem is then how do you scale how well you do with how much zen you get. Maybe a formula similar to:

your score/high score=zen earned/max possible zen

Something along this line should keep people playing in the arcade, and not flooding the forums, while making sure they aren't just playing a game and losing.

Edited by Bob, 22 February 2006 - 02:11 PM.

#4 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

Yea i agree cause some people would just random post and it would be much funner and easier cause you can only post once per 5 mins..

Oh and maybe we can start a petition or something! When we reach 100 entriess maybe they can change it

Edited by JAVA_Boomman, 22 February 2006 - 03:01 PM.

#5 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

yeah the mini games idea is great but idk about the stealing one, most people would just deposite gold into thier treasury more in thier guild houses.  but i think it would be neat to earn zen for like each kill or like trade in frags for zen or something that would be nice and create a use for frags

#6 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

YEAH FRAGS FOR ZEN IS A GREAT IDEA THEN THERE IS NO ... STEALING... AND THE ONLY FORM OF THEFT WOULD BE FRAG STEALS... BUT... if u do frag for gold there should be more of a reward for frag cashins... ie 5 frags would be a small amnt vs 25 frags or 50 frags being a lot more because u risk people stealing them and you have to wait longer to do this ... kinda like bonds or something... the longer you let them sit the more they are worth .... FRAGS IS A GREAT IDEA ... i still think that arcade zen is a little bad cuz people would leech that really bad and i'd be afraid they would forget about the forums ... however there is a VERY good point about bogus posts and it kinda really sucks and takes away from the seriousness and depreciate its value... some are fun but too many bogus stupid ones is bad

#7 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

Ok well its decided, ill talk to prez about it becosue he loves me,

btw that sounds like a very nice idea, i also have an idea

there on the General chat should be a :Guilds:

thing to post on and like the Guilds are listed and u can post on other peoples thread and make a like, REGISTER !! thing to try to get people to join ur guild

idk

but ill talk to prez about that

#8 beatnik

beatnik
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

There are some good ideas in this thread.  Would be nice to be able to come up with a consensus too.  Ultimately will be for the Prez to decide upon.

#9 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

As of right now you can only earn zens through posting.
Overall i don't really like the idea of playing arcade to get zens, cause then people would find a easy game and play it constatly, by posting you have to acctually post worthy and meaning full posts/threads, any spam posts will end up getting that thread locked, so why do it? :)
@lungs-of-fire: you can always talk to your guild through the guild panel.

#10 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

There have been a lot of good ideas thrown about in this thread. I feel that there would be no loss in the forums if they made the arcade worth zen as well because people always have something to say. This is a place to talk and get zen while you're at it, having two ways to earn zen is still going to have its appeal. I was thinking with the zen theft idea that you could have a small % chance to steal maybe a very small ammount of zen only when you kill another player. With the games as in people would choose an easy game to earn zen, maybe Prez could limit how many times one can play a game in a row so that ppl would actually have to play more than just that one game in order to earn zen from the arcade. The games could pay out zen depending on how difficult the game is and how well you did. As for the topics of the posts, I think that if games were integrated into Zen giving, the topics posted in the forums would show improvement because it would no longer be the only method of earning zen. Any other ideas, keep em coming. ^_^ Thanks for all the input.

#11 eagle-apprentece

eagle-apprentece
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

i have to say that zen for the arcade is a good idea.  i mean there has always been a push to get people into the arcade so why not make it worth while. besides how would it take away from the posting other than a lower need for spam due to making zen elsewhere. the frags idea is also good due to the fact that then there is a purpose in getting them. another good idea would be higher valued posts in lesser used areas so people actually use posts other than just general. since i notice general is seriously over used while other areas are hardly even viewed or used. just my 2 cents :) .

#12 Prez

Prez

Dave

• IrcOps
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

Well your right there are some good idea's in here. I will look them over and see what i get out of all them.
As for the arcade getting Zen...Can't do it..but i did hear that the creators of the attack module are looking into adding some addon's to it here soon...Like Stats, Highest Frags, Highest Kills, and a couple other things.

So keep thowing coments in here and i will look at them all.

#13 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Well, here's an idea. If it is possible is there a way that we can use someone else's games and have a zen system for how well they played on that game? Just as an example: Say if we used yahoo games.. someone ends up with a high score on the game and Prez GIVES that person zen. Is it possible for you to mofify someone's zen count? That could be another way to do it. Or maybe whoever made the module could take a request? Or maybe even the same idea with the arcade games... ^_^

Edited by Ret, 22 February 2006 - 08:12 PM.

#14 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

i have to agree with my kid partly because he stole alot of the ideas from me. i also think tho that awarding zen for other sites games defeats the purpose of drawing people to use our site here more. which is the ultimate idea and what i would like to see more of. instead of relying on sites like jsp or bnets forums and well we all know the probs with those sites. so if we could get more here to trade and interact we grow and become better. :)

#15 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

View Posteagle-strike, on Feb 23 2006, 01:26 AM, said:

i have to agree with my kid partly because he stole alot of the ideas from me. i also think tho that awarding zen for other sites games defeats the purpose of drawing people to use our site here more. which is the ultimate idea and what i would like to see more of. instead of relying on sites like jsp or bnets forums and well we all know the probs with those sites. so if we could get more here to trade and interact we grow and become better. :)
I agree, eagle makes a good point. We need to become the #1 source to anything diablo. The potential is there, just needs to be expanded and planned out.

#16 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

I think that the whole "Frag for Zen/item" idea is great also. I always wondered what they were used for.. Same thing for Stones.. Maybe we could find something to do with those miscellaneous items for money. ^_^

#17 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:51 PM

yea maybe also if u give a certin amount of your health or str making you an easy target you could get a smalllll amount of zen and it has to be a pretty big amount and also if u like donate some zen they would like pay u back or something. just a thought ill come up with more