Diablo 3 Story

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Incognito

Incognito
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

I got bored and typed up this fun little intro to what I thought D3 would or could be like. For entertainment purposes only. This is not an official story by Blizzard or anything of the sort so no spreading rumors about D3 based on my very very incomplete story!

Since the dawn of creation the souls in hell have constructed a hierarchy eons lasting, power distributed amongst the ranks by the generals of the leigeons of Evil. Energy moves from one soul to the next through defeat and consumption. Asmodeus aka Abaddon the Destroyer, lord of sin and lust, Belial, prince of lies, demon of the Sidonians, Prince Beelzebub the Destroyer of Kings, Arachula, airbourn spirit of evil, soul of the spider, Anamalech, messenger of bad news, instigator of war and hate, Ascaroth, demon of spies and informers, Behemoth the Beast, Leviathan the serpent, hoarder and instigator of envy, Ardad who leads travelers to temptation, Tenebrion, spirit of darkness, and Verdelet, carrier of the witches to Sabbath. The oldest and most powerful of the fiends of hell who laid claim to the energies of countless souls of man since man has been capable of death and angels capable of falling to sin. As Tyrial took up his sacred sword Azurewrath, blessed with the divine spell for purging evil, the fate of mankind was shattered along with the sacred but tainted worldstone with which the arch-angel did hurtle his sword at in the desperate hope of barring hell's minions from entering the mortal plane. With the worldstone shattered and scattered across the newly saved world, the protections broken, the worldstone on Hell's side which acted as an empregnable barrier between the planes was also destroyed, the protections and seals broken that keep the demon hoards from the abyss chained to the void. As the slumbering feinds stirred from the sound of the worlstone's supernova echoed throughout the black lands of Tartarus, hailing shards of the worldstone could be seen screaming across the buring skies, ripping asunder the chains of sin binding demons as it hurled past. One shard, like a comet, streamed past crashing through arcane barriers and stabbing deep into the black earth at the feet of none other than Asmodeus the Destroyer, lord of sin. Bend down did he and picked up the shard and like a sword of light swiped his chains in twine and freed himself. Asmodeus did then raise up and bellowed laughter which shook the very ground and caused all lesser demons to scatter and tremble with fear at his wicked glee. "We have inherited the mortal plane from our unfortunate late rulers, the three brothers Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo! We will feast apon the souls of mortals untill we grow in such strength that we shall batter down the gates of heaven and break the pillers of the promised land!" And the generals did rise from their thrones of captivity one at a time as the new leadership assembly of Hell was born by Asmodeus' hand, wielding the scepter of worldstone shard and basking in it's power, King Asmodeus lead his brothers in arms to the source of the destroyed worldstone, the ragged gash ripped in reality left behind by the worldstone's destruction.

The sun shone down in a peaceful village with a cool breeze stirring the fall leaves about, rustling the trees and cooling the village men as they worked hard to repair the village from the aftermath. Fourteen men were tugging on their ropes who's other ends were tied about a large dark stone, like a shard of glossy obsidian that had fallen from the sky two weeks prior. Along with the shard came fire and smoke that rained down on the village destroying half of the huts and injuring many. As the men pulled, the stone began to glow faintly then a flash of sparks shot from it and began raining down on them. The men all fled in terror, hiding behind anything they could As they watched in terror the stone lifted all by itself and hovered a moment. "You boys stick to the easy stuff or you'll hurt yourselves!" bellowed a high timbred voice with an educated accent and followed shortly with hushed laughter. The giant stone then, like being tossed by the hand of an invisible giant, flew away from the village towards the eastern forest. A plume of dust and eviscerated leaves could be seen where the stone must have landed as birds scattered from their tree perches while cawing noisily. The men came out from thier hiding places angrily and ran towards a short woman now standing in front of the crater where the stone used to be. She was dressed in emerald green atire, her long black hair held out of her face with a jewled tiara and a glowing stave still humming from the telekenesis spell in her right hand. "YOU, you could have hurt one of us with that little stunt, by God we could have handled it just fine without your God-forsaken witchcraft!" One of the men argued. "Chill out, I saved you from a hernia and now you're gonna give yourself one anyway with all that yelling." replied the girl. "Luna saves the day once more!" One of the men patted the back of the angry man saying "come on man, now we can take lunch early, let her be." and reluctantly he agreed as they all began walking away. Luna, very pleased with herself dusted off her hands (even though they weren't dirty of course) and let out a sigh of exhaustion as if doing alot of physical labor. Then in a flash of light she dissapeared.

#2 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

Thats very sexy david

oh bty ill read this later when i have time

#3 whome

whome
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

wow, very good read. i like when luna said chill out i just saved you from a hernia!! lol
puts the real life attitude in it.

#4 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

I like it. Very interesting read.

Continue it! :D

#5 Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:47 AM

Very Cool Man , Lookin Pretty Sweet! *neo

#6 IronStrike

IronStrike
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

its good, i like it

#7 FrostBite

FrostBite
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Very Sexy indeed  *air kiss

#8 Eiji

Eiji
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

nice indeed. It was a big block of text but worth the read.  They should finish d3 already...

#9 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

lol, nice.  You should apply for a job at Blizzard. *acute