I was kicked and now I can't join irc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 poorman

poorman
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

I was wondering why I was kicked from channel?  I also can't join the channel since then.  I haven't broken any rules of the network.  I was idling at the time.  Am I not welcome here anymore for some reason? :(

#2 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

well i haven't been on til now. why were you kicked? there must have been an explanation, also are you sure you didn't just drop? which could mean you need to wait until your nick follows suit. but i'll check in and see what i can find out.

#3 poorman

poorman
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

It said I was kicked by HUMPYLOVE and reason given was (poof).  Not exactly sure what happened there since I was afk at the time but now I can't join or do anything.  Thanks for looking.

#4 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

well some possible reasons

1 he thought you were a bot or clone

2 your user address is offensive

3 you were possibly spamming without realizeing it

but i have yet to catch him to see why could be a few more minutes but it doesn't seem like he banned you so if your using java that could be acting up

#5 poorman

poorman
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

I'm thinking it would have to be some kind of glitch :).  By user address you mean my email?  Why would that be offensive?  it's my email address from playing another game called Half-life/Counter-strike.  I'm using mIrc.

Edited by poorman, 18 March 2006 - 04:53 PM.

#6 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

well apparently you were shunned awhile back and were evading the ban. which would explain why your addy was coming up as a proxy on other sites. i don't know what you may have done at the time but when things happen for w/e reason. you need to accept it and not try to go around it. evading just causes longer term problems for you such as perma bans. sry thats all i can do to help ya tho its ultimatly the ops decisions that decides.

#7 poorman

poorman
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

This is obviously a misunderstanding.  I have never been warned, neither have i been evading the ban.  In the past year and a half i have never ever been even kicked whether by bot or by person.  I believe its a case of misidentity.

explain why your addy was coming up as a proxy on other sites- what do you mean by this?

#8 Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Hedy , it could possibly be all the things eagle-strike said , but it could also be you might have made him mad in some kind of way with offensive wording or ...he just doesn't like you...

:P

#9 limpits

limpits
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:26 PM

Best plan would be to PM humpy on the forums and wait for a reply, if he is the one that kick/banned you then he will definately know the reason why and will be able to explain it to you.