23 replies to this topic

#1 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

1st Annual Easter Anni Hunt

Rules!

-All characters participating in the hunt must be between lvl 9-15, and also must be all the way to act2 in norm difficulty to have a fair advantage among other competitors

-You may not Tele to gain an unfair advantage over the other participants

-This will be a scavanger hunt for RARE items we have personalized, these items will not drop from a monster.

-You may switch characters once after you are in the game, but you must tell us the lvl, class, name, and reason why you are switching.

-This will be an normal difficulty scavanger hunt. act 1 through 2

-If you switch characters more than once it will be assumed you are muling items and will therefore be disqualified

-This is going to be a HOSTILE scavanger hunt so it is essential that you think about your gear when you choose a character for the hunt.

-You must respect your fellow participants, we will disqualify you if we feel you are being inappropriately to others within the game.

-You may not win more than once

How Its Played
-------------------------

First of all the objective is to obtain personalized rare items that the mods of the game have set randomly throughout act1-5 .  When u find one bring it to town where a mod will verify and you will be asked to pick a random letter/number which corresponds to an anni we are holding on our characters. we'll bring your anni, and you will be asked to leave so another participant may join.

These personalized rares will be located anywhere OUTSIDE of town in every act.  They could be inside of temples or the sewers for example.  Dont only think of the quest areas when you are hunting for these items.  The Pit, The Ruined Temple, etc, are all viable areas for scavanging.

If you encounter another player while you are going after an item, feel free to attack and beat the opposition to a bloody pulp.. Well hey we gotta have some excitement in here apart from this easter bunny garbage.

We as the moderators will be tele-ing around to monitor activity on the grounds.  To make sure these rares do not poof on the ground we will occasionally pick it up and move it to an entirely different location.  This helps us keep track of our items, as well as adding a sense of randomness to this scavanger hunt.  A location already searched could be a viable location for a rare to be located.

As soon as you have the item, go to one of the moderators, and show them item in trade window.  Once you win an Anni you are disqualified from further hunting.

How To Play
-----------------------------
The game will be held midnight on Saturday the 15th/Sunday the 16th.
You must join channel #Punchstania on the dcloneirc IRC server, We will hold a small mini-trivia game or something of the like to choose who gets to play first.  There will be more than 1 game so if you dont get chosen at first, dont fret.
If you have won the mini-game you will be PM'd by one of the Ops in the channel.  They will ask for the account name, character name, level, and class of the character, once they recieve this information they will give you the game name, this is to prevent others from leaking and spamming the game name to others.

A thanks goes out to our contributors/brainstormers BataviaRunner, Unkel, Eagle-Strike, Kavorka, and a few others that made this possible.

***If you have any questions you may find us in the channel #Punchstania or reply to this pose and we'll do our best to fill your inqueries

Edited by sirdonkeypunch, 15 April 2006 - 09:48 PM.

#2 techhgod

techhgod
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:18 AM

i have 2x torches to donate to scavenger hunt

#3 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

Sure, any donations are accepted however we are not ASKING for any whatsoever.

Techhgod, come into channel #Punchstania on dcloneirc and leave me a memo since ill prob be afk.  Any other questions/comments please post.

#4 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

View Postfade_xf, on Apr 10 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

I'll believe this when my shit turns purple and smells of raspberry sherbet.

No offense meant... but anni giveaways and this site just don't mix.  Scam.

I see no signs of this being a scam.. and if you think every anni giveaway is going to be a scam then dont bother to read about them or reply to them. Not everyone in the world is selfish and there are people that will give away free items even if they are of value. If you continue to label these events as scams you may not like the results. So I suggest you just ignore them.

#5 Radiance

Radiance
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Fade's a dumbass that's all I have to say...IF I'm allowed. lol I can't wait for the hunt!

#6 unkel

unkel
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

ok... first off, are u serious!?!? we are trying to do something good for those who arent able to hunt for annis and u think its a scam!! how are we able to scam u if we are giving things away... i just dont get it at all. im thinking that you are just an ignorant fool who thinks bad of all of those who would help others.

#7 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:25 PM

We are not here to prove anything, if u dont beleive us then dont join, if you want to be apart of it feel free.  Its free so the only thing you would be wasting is your time,  But i know java_sango plans on joining in and a few other credible members in the dcloneirc community.  Never the less, We are not ASKING for any donations, so in closing, i dont see where u get off saying its a scam.

also the results will be posted even if u are not going to join, and you may confirm with the participants what happened.  Dont blame the entire dcloneirc network for 1 mishap that occurred

Edited by sirdonkeypunch, 11 April 2006 - 11:47 PM.

#8 bataviarunner

bataviarunner
  • Retired Staff
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:18 AM

Your raffle situation deals with a promise of a reward given some indefinite time after winning stated raffle. Our anni hunt is going to be actively run by me and a few others, and there will be people actually playing a game of sorts in real time to win. Because of this there will be about a minute max wait time from you bringing in a personalized item and getting an anni. With that kind of turn around there should be no reason to believe you're being scammed.

Multiple people with reputations to maintain in the IRC channels will be both running this event and participating in it. Anyone caught befouling it will obviously lose standing on the IRC channels and on this forum. Since remaining in good standing on both the channels and this forum will eventually land you multiple annis, messing with this event will do you, me, and anyone else involved more harm than good.

One more point; what would we be scamming you out of? We already have enough annis that we're giving some away. We'd have no need of scamming you out of any of your annis or other items. The only thing we'd have the possibility of scamming you out of (given the setup of our hunt) is your time. That said, I pose this simple question: How could you believe that we'd waste our time simply to waste yours?

#9 billibr

billibr
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

@fade (before he edited his post )

Fade how about you give it a rest for a bit?  This will get you an anni no sooner, in fact if who ever ran the rafle ever planned to get you it may decide not to just becuase of your actions after winning. please give it a rest for a little while and see if anything happens, maye they are waiting to catch a server that is poping and have not had the chance yet.  What ever the case we have all herd enough about it for a while

@ fade (after he edited the post )

Good God you finnaly figured it out hold crap we dont have to hear about it any more!

Edited by billibr, 13 April 2006 - 11:36 AM.

#10 sKuLL

sKuLL
  • Retired Staff
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

and if i may say so myself, WE HAVE HEARD OUR D*MN SHARE OF YOUR B*TCHING SO SHUT UP AND LEAVE IF YOU DISLIKE HOW THINGS ARE RUN AROUND HERE!!!!

edit: to get back on topic, this anni hunt seems to be quite a fun thing ill probally end up joining also.

Edited by sKuLL, 12 April 2006 - 07:37 PM.

#11 D1TruTaz

D1TruTaz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Sorry if I missed it but what realm is this being held on?  Is it Softcore or Hardcore?  Nonladder or Ladder?
Personally I think Hardcore would be cool plus would help cycle people threw the game quicker.

Thanks

#12 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:17 AM

Everyone re-read fade_xf's posts :) <3

#13 popp

popp
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

While I will not be able to participate, a hunt of this sort is a wonderful thing for the site to host. It doesn't matter whether the 'prize' is an anni or a rejuv potion, it just sounds like a fun time - and D2 is a game after all. When a game is no longer fun ...well ...  So cudos to those of you who are taking the time to make this happen!!

#14 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

I like his posts now.  In response to your question it will be a SCL and SCNL contest only.

And we got a special in game giveaway for those on non-ladder, Complements of Prez.

Thanks to ALL that have contributed items or their time.

Edited by sirdonkeypunch, 14 April 2006 - 12:27 PM.

#15 lezzard

lezzard
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:23 PM

cool donkey i love this kind of events B)

#16 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

We have obtained a larger amount of donations, this hunt will not only encompass anni's but HR's, Torches, RuneWords, And Unique items will ALL be up for grabs.  Thanks to our main contributors thus far, Prez, BataviaRunner, Knights-Of-Kneee, JAVA_Sango, lezzard, and im sure more to come.

*NOTE* Since this hunt has grown the Anni hunt will be the MAIN event.  We will have a warm-up event and a post-hun event.  So even if you dont make the Anni game you can still walk away with some good gear :)

#17 JumpinIsUseless

JumpinIsUseless
  • Deticated Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Well guys, i reckon i will be a nice man.  I feel generous and don't mind givin ya'all some hrs.  God knows i got plenty and ya, i will never use them all.  I know i can hook this up good.  Might donate more depends upon the popularity that this is getting.  Good luck to all participants and i would love to watch this hunt :P

#18 sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

We have over 14 annis we are giving away, we have many hrs, we got almost and entire account of stuff on ladder we are giving away, so try and make it tonite at midnight.  

Nonladder also has a wealth of prizes so dont feel left out you NL-boyeez

#19 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

OMG SOUNDS sexy, Almost as sexy as me

maybe even as sexy as aqua... idk aquas pretty s.... anyway

love to help u out

SCREAM LIKE LUNGS :PP PP P P P P

I love u all more than the poopy heads that lie and say they do

#20 FrostBite

FrostBite
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully i can stay up this late to play, hehe.  Sounds fun though, maybe il take a little power nap before it starts  :good: