sojs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mosis

mosis
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:51 AM

im sure its on every ones mind. Where do ppl find sojs???  i know u can find them almost anywere.  i get then from andy mainly with about 150 mf.  were do y all find them at and what mf do u use if any.  sure everyone here that dont know were to find them would like to know.  but i use my 89 light sorc(made for duelin but does mfin nicely)

#2 Eiji

Eiji
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

i too would also like to know what mf u guys have.  i have around 200, but i used to have almost 600 on my pally b4 it expired, and i still couldn't find sojs....

#3 RaMeN

RaMeN
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

i heard best place is nm andy

#4 D1TruTaz

D1TruTaz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

Yes Nm Andy has the highest % chance to drop sojs.
She is prone to dropping rings and in nm, Because of the item drop lvl, There are only a couple unique rings that she can drop one of them being soj =D.

I do best with @ 270-290 mf.  When I hit or go over 300 it seems like I don't do as well.

Gl

#5 mosis

mosis
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:21 AM

well it looks like u gonna lower mf alot more lol still at like 380 and i took most off. just not gonna use skulder.  how many runs does it take u to get a soj though? like 1-100 or more/less?
i know i found a soj n hell andy with a friend. she won it from me lol. we flippd in our channel and she got it right. so i gave to her. but it was about 700 mf runs and it happend to drop in hell scl andy.  have heard of chaos and a few other things of ppl finding them.  but nm andy is a high place ppl say to do it but cant give a guess on how many runsm jn

#6 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

NM Andy and Normal Diablo have highest drop rates but i found mine at Hell Diablo.

#7 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:50 AM

I've never been real big on repeatedly doing a specific boss for mfing for any length of time, but I have found nearly every item in the game, which is a lot, and found a lot of the same items more than once.  I have only found 3 soj, but I didn't play for most of the last 3 years.  Since 1.10, the drop rate for soj has been adjusted, I'm sure of it.  I found 1 soj in the 4 years preceding 1.10 when I was playing all the time, and 2 soj since then and I wasn't playing much at all.

The 1 I found pre-1.10 was in act 4 hell.  The 2 since 1.10 has came out were in act 1 nightmare.  Neither of the 2 were from Andariel.  1 was from some boss in the Jail, and the other was from the body at the Inner Cloister waypoint.  I don't remember exactly what magic find I had, but it wasn't much... less than 100.

I find just as much, if not more, by simply roaming around killing random bosses.. especially runes.  The main act bosses drop uniques more often, but they are usually uniques that you don't really care for.  I'd have to say that 85% of the godly elites that I have found were not from the act bosses.  If your experiences have been different, then keep doing whatever you are doing I suppose.  If you have not given an equal amount of time to "roaming" as you have to killing the act bosses, then you can not make any form of judgement with 100% certainty though.

I also believe that the killing power of your character makes a difference as well.  I've found more with my Bowazons than any other character I've ever made.  I think this is because a Bowazon has the ability to lay waste to hoards of mobs at once.  More kills = more chances for items.  I also usually hit all the chests and such that come into my view.  I've found a few of my godliest elites from chests, tombs, bodies, armor/weapon racks.. etc..

Just a few tips that have always served me well, but do whatever works for you.  It's all luck in the end. :hunter:

#8 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:39 AM

act 1 is infamous for dropping unique rings from random monsters but best ive id'd is a 238/19 raven :/ i personally find overall diablo/baal drop me most (hell of course) ive found the soj a bk 2x arach wisp and all kinds of other stuff that i couldnt snag in pubbys like 15% fb ormus :/

#9 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:30 AM

I have only found 2 this ladder, both from Pindle.  In 1.10 I found 5, 4 from hell Andy and 1 from hell Pindle.  None prior to that...

The rumor is that NM Andy and Normal Diablo have the highest%(although I could consult ATMA to verify) to drop a soj.

It is interesting to note that we remember where we found our sojs...  because they are so rare...

Unless of course you wrote it down and reviewed your notes...

Bre
*diablo