Finding a vex rune

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bleeding_tears

bleeding_tears
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

does anyone know who, and where, drops vex runes.  there is one monster, but i cant remember what its name is.

thanks

#2 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

Don't think there is a single monster that will drop a vex.  You can check the statistics out there for monster drops to see who is more likely to drop a vex.

Good hunting grounds are on the way to Baal, kill everything...  and hell cows...  the more high level monsters, the more likely to get a high rune...

Just my thoughts,
Bre

#3 billibr

billibr
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

Dont find a vex trade for 2xgul and make one.

#4 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:18 AM

Runes fall into treasure classes just like items.  The level of the item is usually directly related to the treasure class, but not always.  So, the highest level items usually only fall from the highest level mobs and they are usually the highest level treasure class.  I've found a Jah rune from a normal mob in the tombs in act 2 hell before.  Vex is lower level than Jah.  So I'd bet that it can drop anywhere in Hell, and possibly even in act 5 Nightmare.  I've also found several Vex in Hell cows back in the day when Hell cow runs were done for leveling.  I've also found a lot of Gul in there too.

Taking all this into consideration, if I wanted a Vex rune, I 'd look in one of two places.  One being the Countess in Hell, naturally.  The other being in cows.  Hell cows I know will drop it, but Nightmare cows might too.  I've never done much of Nightmare cows though, so I can't vouche for that theory.  But you might have to do 100 cow runs before you even see a rune over Um, the drop rates always sucked there.  If in doubt, you can do some research on www.diabloii.net.  They used to have stuff on treasure classes and what monsters dropped what, etc.  I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure they still have all that stuff.

#5 bleeding_tears

bleeding_tears
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:57 PM

thanks guys!  you all help out a lot!  im going to try all of those things, and maybe just walk around in hell all night!    :)

#6 styrox

styrox
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

If you just do fast mf runs, best place for a Vex drop is hell council (trav and mephisto).  Add pindle, shenk and eldritch for a couple of more fast kills.

Also pits and chaos are pretty good for HR drops.

Countess does not drop higher than Ist on the special "rune drop" .. but you can get a HR just like killing any other high class mob.

There are some drop calculator apps (Atma, etc.) available for dl if you want to narrow down to specific drops. I used to have a bookmark for a webpage that did the calculations too, but I seem to have lost it .. :)

//Sty

#7 bleeding_tears

bleeding_tears
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

do you know where i can get the dl?  because that list would help out A LOT!

#8 pharlap

pharlap
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Hi everyone..... *angel

I found one lvl 3, going to the thorne...
Actualy have found alot of stuff in lvl 3 there.....

#9 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:05 AM

True, if you kill everything on the way to throne you can find some nice stuff.  If you don't have much mf% you can find some good socketables too.  And since rune drop isn't affected by mf%, then you won't change your rune possibilities and still find good socketables.

Just my 2 cents.

Bre
*diablo

#10 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

in 1.10 i found one from hellforge quest.. thats the only one i found though.. (if you dont believe me too bad i dont lie.)

#11 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:43 AM

sigh, I mostly get guls on hellforge quest, but at least I can cube them to vex...

Bre
*diablo

#12 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:31 PM

well as i said it was a 1.10 drop... ive heard from alot of people the max drop on forge is now gul so i assume it changed during the 1.11 patch :/ but yea guls work well on ladder.. its a pity only ladder though cause i got about 4-5 guls on nl that are utter junk :( i hope b.net makes it work on both ladder and nl *sighs*

#13 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

Not likely since there has to be some advantages to doing ladder instead of nl...  besides ladder only unique crap...  oh, the ladder only runewords are kinda nice...

Bre
*diablo