Age and Years of Service?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

I'm just wondering how old everyone is and how long everyone has played Diablo II.

I'm 29 and played for 6 years off and on.  The first 2.5 years I played it almost 24/7, literally.  Then I decided to get another job since my savings was starting to dwindle.  I played for about another year, until not long after the 1.10 patch, and then quit for almost 2 years.  I played FFXI for those 2 years, but got tired of it.  Then I came back about 5 months ago and been playing Diablo II since.  I recently took an extended vacation from work, but I'm going back in about 2-3 more weeks.

Diablo II is getting old, very old, hehe.  Which is part of the reason why I started writing programs for it.  I will likely quit Diablo II for good soon, but I may do one more ladder season before I go since I got a late start on this one.  I hope they make a Diablo III that's as addicting as this one. :)

You don't have to write an essay to post here, just age and years if you want.  I just felt compelled to write this much, dunno why. ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I was assigned to the server "Diabolos" on FFXI, completely unintentional.  I just thought it was ironic. :D

Edited by Nomad, 10 May 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#2 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:20 AM

38 and have been playing off and on since the original in 1996.

Bre
*diablo

#3 mosis

mosis
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:52 AM

19 now.  I have played since original came out. not to sure when that was but atleast 9 years ago. and bre says 1996 so will go with that. only part i skippd was .11 and .11a.  Decided to play here and there cause i got bored of the xbox ps2 game cube dream cast n64 sega ninteno super nintendo atari psp game boy...(i get bored and play a random game so i like a variety).  but i started back up like 8 months ago.  now i play in east west sc and hc. got a few good things left in west sc(got hackd n lost most items) in west hc i got nothing again. east i got alot ans in hc i got a few items.

#4 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:20 AM

I played the original on playstation, but not online.  Diablo II was my first game ever played online, if you don't count games on Yahoo, hehe.  As far as video games in general, I've played them since I was 4-5 years old.  Started out with an Atari 2600, I think that was the version.  Then Nintendo came out and the rest is history.  Nintendo was the shiznit back in the day, but if you look at the graphics now it almost makes you want to laugh. :D

#5 Otori Shigeru

Otori Shigeru
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:57 AM

I am 21 an i play diablo since the dablo came out in 1996 ^^;
Diablo makes this girl crazy :)

#6 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

View PostOtori Shigeru, on May 15 2006, 07:57 AM, said:

I am 21 an i play diablo since the dablo came out in 1996 ^^;
Diablo makes this girl crazy :)

It drives me crazy too...   :wacko:

But in a good way!!

Bre
*diablo

#7 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:03 PM

View PostBreCalmor, on May 15 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

It drives me crazy too...   :wacko:

But in a good way!!

Bre
*diablo

Wow, maybe I should invite dates to play then, LOL :D

It doesn't effect me like it used to, but I still enjoy playing as long as it's not the same thing over and over... and over... and over again, hehe.  I have to add some variety to my gameplay to keep me interested, which is why I have so many charaters now.  I just started my Freezing Arrow Bowazon so I can make a guide on it.  I managed to make a very nice +3 Matriarchal Ice, I can't wait to try it out (I chose mat for this because physical damage isn't as important as speed in this case).

BTW, welcome aboard Beer-Bot v8.18 and Otori Shigeru.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Edited by Nomad, 16 May 2006 - 01:05 PM.

#8 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:06 AM

View PostNomad, on May 16 2006, 12:03 PM, said:

Wow, maybe I should invite dates to play then, LOL :D

That may not be a bad idea...  Just really depends on the date...

Bre
*diablo

#9 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:18 PM

Was only a joke. :D

I like your new avatar Bre, been talking to Mosis? ;)

#10 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

nope, scammed this one off another forum since Mosis had the only other bouncer I have found...  ;)

Bre
*diablo

#11 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:46 PM

im 17 and ive played on b.net for about one year.. :) single player for a year prior to b.net though and most of that would be 1.10 patch with mh and pickit.. since 1.11 though ive gone 100% clean :)

#12 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

View PostJAVA_Sango, on May 21 2006, 04:46 PM, said:

im 17 and ive played on b.net for about one year.. :) single player for a year prior to b.net though and most of that would be 1.10 patch with mh and pickit.. since 1.11 though ive gone 100% clean :)

I'm glad to hear that.  I think a lot of hacks ruin the game.  I can't say that I've been 100% clean throughout all of my years on bnet, but I've never bought or used hacked items.  I've also never used any form of bot designed to play the game for you.  I don't classify a clonehunting bot into that category since you really aren't "playing" the game. :D

If more people play legit, it makes the entire game experience that much better.  Not to mention that it helps to keep the economy in check, which was ruined from the start of the new ladder since people just had to dupe runes....kids, or immature adults, that only feel important if they feel rich on a game. ;)

Edited by Nomad, 22 May 2006 - 12:52 AM.

#13 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:22 AM

well... if i had the choice id use mh and pickit still.. but warden = too big a danger since i only have 1 cdkey and i couldnt afford to lose my accounts either.. so yea dont wanna risk nothing :/ the only thing i would never use is a mf bot like d2jsp because as you said, they ruin the economy. and ip finder bots too merely because i never hunt ;)

#14 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:35 AM

I've never used a pickit, but I've used a maphack almost the entire time I've played.  I still use one now, but I only reveal the map.  It doesn't show the monsters on the map and stuff... but I would still use that if I wasn't worried about getting banned.  The main reason is because I like bowazons, and I feel that only being able to see like 13 yards is bologna.  How do they expect you to be a ranged character while not having range? LOL.  Anyway, until I can get a maphack that can be verified as undetectable, I guess I'll be stuck with being nearsighted...

I could script bots to play for me, but that defeats the purpose of even playing to me.  Basically the entire point of this game is to find items, if you have a bot doing that for you then you might as well not even play.  Sorry, I just can't get off this bot subject. :D

#15 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

/me looks at the topic and wonders if it should be "Tell me your anti-bot stance"

lol,
Bre
*diablo

#16 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

/me looks at the topic and wonders if it should be "Tell me your anti-bot stance"

lol,
Bre

Hehe...  I get stuck on a subject at times.  When I am, I'll find some way to squeeze it in anywhere, just ask my ex, lol.

Edited by Nomad, 03 June 2006 - 12:39 PM.

#17 -sKiPPz-

-sKiPPz-
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:07 AM

I'm 21 and Played the Original Diablo on the playstation, and when Diablo II Came out on the PC I was sure to snatch it, I've played since .08 off and on, I mean, don't you remember the days when pskulls were the hrs of today? 3 - 4 pskulls in sheilds would kick melee chars to the curb...seems there were less lamers back then? Or is it just me?

#18 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:46 PM

I know there were a lot more serious players back then who had a lot of skill which helped to keep a lot of the younger kids, and immature adults, in check.  Also, Ebay wasn't as big and neither were any of these trade sites, so trading was a lot harder and items didn't circulate as fast.

Lately there have been a lot of little kids on the game who lack skill and think they 'own' (and make sure everyone else knows it)  just because they got mommy and daddy to buy them the items they have off of Ebay.  I love putting them in check when the opportunity presents itself. ;)

#19 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

That is true, but since I have lost most of my skills, I just usually play with folks from DCloneIRC.net and a few others I have met on b.net

Bre
*diablo