MIRC HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kpcritter

kpcritter
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

i use mirc alot, and i know how to connect and join, but when i try to join /s irc.dcloneirc.net  it says unable to connect (connection refused) i can join other servers but not this one. please help

#2 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:17 AM

Well, the server name is right "irc.dcloneirc.net".  I've never tried to join a server with /s though.  I put the server name under "mIRC Options/Connect/Servers" and click the "Connect To Server" button, or click the "Connect" button on the mIRC toolbar.

If that doesn't work then you may have a setting elsewhere in mIRC that is causing the server to refuse you, or it could mean your IP is banned from the server.  I don't know if they ban an IP from the server or not though.  If you were kicked from the channel or the server for something you did the last time you were on there, then that probably means your IP is banned.

I don't know enough about mIRC to completely diagnose your issue, but it's a start.

Edit:  I also found out that if you attempt to connect to the irc.dcloneirc.net network through a proxy it will result in a ban, possibly permanently, from the server.

Edited by Nomad, 19 May 2006 - 02:15 PM.