- - - - -

Attack System poll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Attack Module poll (16 member(s) have cast votes)

What (if anything) should be done to the Attack System?

1. Leave it as it is - don't care (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Reset the attack module so everyone gets a chance to start again (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. Re-instate the top players that were deleted (Absinthe, Beatnik, BreCalmor, Styrox) (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Get rid of the whole thing (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 styrox

styrox
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

Some background:

06/20 there was presumably a glitch that reset the players attacked that day. The active players were set to 1/1 stats and level 0 from level 400+. Affected at least: Absinthe, Beatnik, BreCalmor, Styrox .. possibly anyone else that played that day.

The game is of questionable value, the main purpose seems to be to just generate hits to the forum site, but some people have been enjoying playing and competing in it. The system is very simple, and since there are very few active players it has lead to a huge gap between player levels (1 - 400), making new/middle players not likely to do well in the game, and higher levels not getting much exp from attacking anyone but a handful of people. The game is explained in the sticky note in this forum.

The choices:

#1 choice may activate some of the people to try the game again, but is unfair to the old active people who were removed, and will probably quit. Most likely interest in the game will just die away.

#2 choice would work if the game can be advertised and the members will be activated to play it, maybe with an incentive to reach a certain level or be at the top after a certain time. Resets every X months may be a good choice? This would require more active interest from the admins to the game.

#3 get back to the old routine, with 4-5 people playing it among themselves. THis would require the admins to get the game to the state it was before 06/20.

#4 if bandwidth to the site, or the host server are being affected by the game then it may be best to remove it. The game may be one reason that causes the occasional DB errors in the site.

I hope this poll will give some guideline on how the people want to develop this aspect of the forums, and maybe get some action/comments from the admins :)

//Sty

#2 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

Well, I am not completely convinced it was a glitch.  But with that said, a complete reset is the only fair and equitable option.

My 2 cents!

Bre
*diablo

#3 beatnik

beatnik
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:55 AM

It seems as though it has been reset again and this time completly.  Cause i am getting whooped on again. B)

#4 kever

kever

Net Admin

• Admin
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:19 AM

Reset sounds good  to me, but then again taking it out completely wouldn't hurt either.

#5 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:33 AM

first that reset only affected certain users because only certain users were using java scripts to cheat aka look in the mirror syndrome

second the whole thing has been reset now and hopefully no one will find a need to cheat and will just enjoy it for what it is

third with the new reset many more weap choices pots choices etc have been added as well as new ways of making gil all in all i must say many very good improvements

just my 2 cents

#6 eglespot

eglespot
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

1) it ought to be reset to allow an even playing ground

2) all players ought to be rest and not just certain players

3) add an auto pilot system to it i.e. one where the players can select the level of agressiveness, attack weapon type and etc - a little like the irpg game in dcloneirc.net except with a little more control / input by the player

Cheers  :P