Caution!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:11 AM

I just had a few slightly heated post exchanges on the AutoIt forums with someone who is potentially creating malware.  Then I get this message from him:

I apologize. ( From: brodie28 )
I just wanted to apologize to you in private... I just noticed that you wrote the clone hunter bot.

The D2 bot I made was actually your clone hunter bot edited by me to jack peoples passwords. So in actuallity I was not only bringing a bad name to autoit, but I was giving your script somewhat of a bad name amongst a small group of people...
brodie28 is a member of the Members group and has 22 posts.
Sent on: Today, 12:50 AM

Downloading my Clonehunter from this site is safe, but DO NOT get it anywhere else.  This site is the only site I have it hosted at.  Also, DO NOT download any alledged colorhacks.  I have ran across 3 in the last week which do nothing but steal your account/password and/or your cd-keys, and they don't show up on a virus scan from Norton, AVG, or McAffee (those were the only 3 I tried).

I'm too upset to type any more right now, I'll probably say something I'll regret.  So I'm going to stop,

Nomad.

#2 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:26 PM

Nomad,

Man, I am sorry this low life piece of $hit compromised your program.  wtf is with people.

I hope something comes of this at least on the AutoIt website.

Good Luck!!!

Bre
*diablo

#3 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

BreCalmor, on Jun 22 2006, 01:26 PM, said:

Nomad,

Man, I am sorry this low life piece of $hit compromised your program.  wtf is with people.

I hope something comes of this at least on the AutoIt website.

Good Luck!!!

Bre
*diablo
I'm over it now that I've had some sleep.  I couldn't believe he actually came right out and told me that.  This is exactly why I'm not going to make some kind of pk killer hack.  There are always going to be people that are going to take other's work and modify it to do things the original programmer never intended.  I'm off to the AutoIt forums now to see what became of the topics we were engaged in last night.  I'm sure they got a lot of heated replies from some of the other members. ;)

Nomad :hunter:

#4 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

Were you able to get anything done to the idiot who injected malware into your bot?

#5 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

BreCalmor, on Jun 26 2006, 03:50 PM, said:

Were you able to get anything done to the idiot who injected malware into your bot?
About as much as can be expected, next to nothing.  I haven't seen him at the forums since then, and he didn't really have many posts anyway.  If he's still hanging around there, he probably changed his username since he already admitted to using AutoIt for malware reasons, and the members there don't much like that sort of thing. ;)

Not much you can do about it though.  If someone downloads a bad program signed by me from another site, there's not much I can do about it.  Once the person finds out that I host my programs here, they'll realize I didn't write the bad program they got.  Just like getting a Mousepad's Maphack from anywhere besides http://forward.to/mousepad (I think that's the site ;) ).  If you get it anywhere else, he didn't put it there and you're downloading at your own risk.  I host my programs here, and only here (unless otherwise specified).

If someone wants to host any of my programs on the IRC #bots channel for this site, they have my permission.  They must leave a post in the topic for the program they are going to host, and from that point on, they are also responsible for the file integrity.  In other words, if the file they are hosting is not the exact same file as is currently available for download, they are soley responsible for any and all allegations of theft.  None of the programs I have available for download will ever be any form of malware.  Nobody has anything that I need bad enough to have to resort to stealing.  Stealing is usually done by children who have little or no money, and that don't have a firm grasp on the concept of morals.  How do I always get sidetracked? :blink:

Thanks for the interest Bre,

Nomad :hunter:

#6 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:59 PM

/me claps as Nomad gets off his well deserved soap box