I need a Guinea Pig.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

Someone recently asked me to help them enable debug priviledges using AutoIt.  I actually ended up doing all the work, but have never heard back from this person as to whether or not it worked.

I'm not even sure if this is needed for AutoIt.  This sample script is a concept I would need to apply for use of any of my _Memory functions or programs like my Chicken Hack if the user doesn't have administrative privileges.

Nobody at the AutoIt forums was ever able to answer the question of whether or not this concept is needed.  Even if it is needed, it is only needed for Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, or Windows NT Workstation 3.1 and later, and I'm on Windows 98 (which is why I can't test it).

So what I need is for someone with Windows Pro 2000+ to run this script and tell me what the MsgBox says when it is ran.  It will not hurt anything on your computer.  It will either work, or it won't.  Just look at the script if you're in doubt.

When you run the script a GUI will appear with a list of every process currently running on your computer.  Just select a process (preferrably a non-system process, like Diablo II) and click "Open Process".  Then note what the message box says that pops up.  It's that easy.  If you get the message box that says "Success", then it worked.  If you get a "ERROR" message box, then note the error and the code.  Post the results for me here even if it works (so I know it works ;))

Note: This script also requires the beta version of AutoIt for you to run it.

Here's the script:
SeDebugPrivileges

Thanks,

Nomad :hunter: