Banned for no reason

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RageWarp

RageWarp
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

I had just recently got dclone irc to, obviously, find some hot ips and what not, so i try to logon about a week and a half ago and i get a mesage saying:

Closing Link: RageWarp[d38-214-94.home1.cgocable.net] (User has been permanently banned from DCloneIRC (Bye Bye ^J^))

and i dont ever recall doing anything at all, and yes i am aware of the swear filter and i know for a fact that i have never swore on the channel.

so if an admin or someone could resolve this problem it would be much appreciated :)

,Rage Warp

#2 chickenboy

chickenboy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

I had the same thing happen to me.  One day I forgot to log in and after about 30 seconds it said something like Noob someone has been banned.  Now when I try to get on IRC it says "Error : Closing Link: chickenboy[cpe-65-31-12-40.insight.res.rr.com] (User has been permanently banned from DCloneIRC (proxy))"

I'm not sure how this happened, I usually just click on my favorites and I'm automatically logged in, that's probably why I forgot in the first place, but I'll be very careful to not forget in the future.  Please Help.

#3 bataviarunner

bataviarunner
  • Retired Staff
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:36 AM

RageWarp, I'm not sure why you were banned. Chickenboy, proxies are not allowed on the irc network because we've had trouble with people avoiding bans and causing trouble using them. If you are certain you're not on a proxy, I can only think of one suggestion. If you're one of those people that can change your ip, you probably just hit a bad ip and got hit by an auto-ban script. Just try changing it again. Otherwise you probably were on a proxy.
Oh, and maybe contact your isp to see if you can get an ip that doesn't look like a proxy if you're still certain you're not on one.