- - - - -

Favorite Paladin Build!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Paladin Builds (148 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite Paladin Build?

1. Hammerdin (66 votes [44.59%])

Percentage of vote: 44.59%

2. Smiter (Also, Zeal-Smiter) (34 votes [22.97%])

Percentage of vote: 22.97%

3. Zealot (17 votes [11.49%])

Percentage of vote: 11.49%

4. Conviction Smiter (Anti-Meph) (3 votes [2.03%])

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

5. Auradin (Holy Fire) (5 votes [3.38%])

Percentage of vote: 3.38%

6. Fist of the Heavens (FOH) (2 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

7. Freezedin (Holy Freeze) (1 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

8. Avenger (Vengence) (6 votes [4.05%])

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

9. Glass Cannon (Charge) (4 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

10. Tesladin (Holy Shock) (1 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

11. Healadin (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. Suicide (Sacrifice) (3 votes [2.03%])

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

13. Other (Please post the build and build name) (6 votes [4.05%])

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:04 PM

Can't say its a easy choice since pallys are definately the dominant class among the characters I built.. I've made 2 zealots and hammerdin (One of each ladder and the other of each non-ladder), a smiter (ladder), a freezedin (non-ladder), a avenger (non-ladder) and a FOH (non-ladder).. I've seen a Glass cannon and Healadin (Courtesy of Artic ;) )

Out of all the builds I've made though I'd have to say the smiter is funnest.

Now hold up before you think, 'Oh smiters pwn everything and everyone uses them so its kinda lame', because although thats very true... just because they kill everything doesn't mean its easy.. sure toss a hell baal, dclone or uber trist at it and they do better then everything except a CS Zon, however throw a normal hoarde of monsters and you actually have to battle them out for more then 1-2 hits. Unlike hammerdins which kill all the reg monsters in 2 hammers and just cant beat the ubers at all.. and zealots which tend to kill stuff in 1-2 hits with BOTD. Smiters take a few smites to deal the damage needed since all the uber pwning stuff (Crushing Blow mainly) don't work well againest reg monsters so you need to hit them 5-6 times with just the 2-3k damage instead of firing one or two 13k hammers or slashing away with a 6k average zeal. Smiters only die to Iron Maiden and because of that I find them fun because I don't have to waste a bunch of full rejuvs just to get out of a tight jam like I do when using an avenger or freezedin (Anyone that knows me, knows about my full rejuv problems). Although I will say the final factor that pushed the smiter over the other build was because it CAN kill dclone and ubers solo. But this is for a simple reason. I like to help people. And the smiter allows me to help many people with dclone and ubers. Although for dclone its losing my vote due to my CS Zon which is also fun and good for killing dclone and helping people. But a hammerdin or zealot couldn't win this because they cant kill uber trist and helping people with that is something I find fun and rewarding for myself.. more so then doing any quest or killing any group of monsters in the game.

Anyways thats my.. *counts* probably about 127 cents on deal. So lets hear yours :)

#2 Blacklordisback

Blacklordisback
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

I go for zealots because they look so cool hiting monsters :)

#3 waslain

waslain
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

I voted ye olde hammerdin.
Boring I know, but it's the best all round easy build high lvl pvm build for paladin imo.
I have smiters, zealots, and chargers too, but they are specialized for pvp or boss killing.
Paladin is not my favorite class. I played for about 4 yrs before I gave in and decided to make my first one.
Good luck with your pallys!
*drag

#4 kever

kever

Net Admin

• Admin
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well i was told to post so here i'm posting. My fav is the hdin. I can't tell you why becasue i have never made one b4. I have played with one and have access to one that i use all the time.  Seams like this is the most usefull character in the game when it comes to rushin, baal running, and chaosing. My second pick would have to be the smiter because if his ability to do ubers. Thanks and now i'm going back to IRC. :D

#5 Artic

Artic

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

The Glass Cannon, a Chargedin with Low life, and High damage. WOOT, Ima go kill some Hammerdins now ^L^

#6 BreCalmor

BreCalmor
  • Deticated Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hammerdin is best all around for rushing and baalin, but I have grown to really like my smiter...  still learning the skill to use him right, but its pretty fun...

Bre
*diablo

#7 bataviarunner

bataviarunner
  • Retired Staff
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

Last wish allows my smiter to zeal with a decent kill rate too so I'd say he's my favorite. Smite the ubers/bosses that aren't affected by Ignore Target's Defense and then zeal the rest to oblivion. The only downfall of this char is iron maiden (of course) and that can be taken care of if you're a skillful player; only noobs die to iron maiden.

#8 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

View Postbataviarunner, on May 23 2006, 11:06 PM, said:

The only downfall of this char is iron maiden (of course) and that can be taken care of if you're a skillful player; only noobs die to iron maiden.

Thanks for calling me a noob.. :(

#9 unkel

unkel
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

i remember a time when an enigma seemed soooo out of reach... and the char that would pwn everything was the h-din. its kinda like looking up at an older brother or something, you see the hammerdin take out chaos... baals.. and do rushes.. almost to good to be true when ur just starting. that is prolly the biggest reason aside from the mf aspect. i love my hdin ive put more time into him then any other chars.

#10 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:23 AM

I voted "Other" because my build really wasn't on there.  I like to build Conviction Zealot/Smiter/Charger.  This build gives me an all around Paladin that can kill ubers and normal mobs together with ease.  The high crushing blow owns the upper level mobs, while the high elemental damage with Conviction tears through the lower level mobs.  Not to mention that with mostly elemental damage, Iron Maiden doesn't bother you as much.  You still need some physical damage to be able to leech life, but it doesn't have to be so much that you kill yourself in 1-2 hits.  This build isn't cheap by any means, but it's brutally effective all around in PvM and PvP.  This build also doesn't require high strength, dexterity, or mana.. so you have life in abundance.  :hunter:

#11 horadriun

horadriun
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

I dont really play anymore because after having surgery to remove my left thumb from the alt key and my middle finger from the shift key Its all just too risky to start up again. (Come on d3!!!??)  But anyway, If any one knows my dilema then you also know that the hammerdin is my char of choice. I never was a big dueler, (as Java Sango) pointed out- the most fun of the game is helping others get torches, annis, rushes, etc....      Hammerdin owns this!     He is absolutely the "big brother" that Unkel describes. *neo
BTW---thanks to all on the irc channell for supporting everyone in clonewalks.

#12 RaMeN

RaMeN
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

zealots ftw!!!!!@!

#13 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

nomad what weapon you use? :/

#14 Nomad

Nomad
  • Deticated Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:48 PM

Last Wish, for the crushing blow, life tap, and gives enough physical damage for leeching.  Then rest of gear is oriented around elemental damage... all runewords, expensive :D

#15 -sKiPPz-

-sKiPPz-
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

Hammerdin.  Popular and Trendy Yes. Quite Possibly Contender for The Dominant Build...or at least imo *drag

#16 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:41 PM

in a while ill make a poll for favorite build period.. but people need to vote for all 7 characters :) pallys got tons of votes sorcs decent but the other 5 is like 4 people each voted.. way not enough :)

#17 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

bump.. plz post if you vote..

#18 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:20 AM

bumpy bumpy vote and post plz ;P

#19 Dimsum

Dimsum
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hammerdin.... well it can kill all the norm mobs easily. best for rushes and so on as everyone has said already.

second would be 1pt smiter, :) for killing any big monsters in the game... theres No point at all to put max smite for ubers.. thats just waste of points. dunno how ppl call this. zealoit perhaps? no clue. but it rocks. the zeal side of it makes it more fun to kill group of monsters and other thingies :P
Neeva max smite! well cept for dueling... :P

#20 Gravit-Ice

Gravit-Ice
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

My all time favourite is the Tesladin ..
(look for build in Pally Build Topic)