JUSTIFIED?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

Hello my friend recently conviced me to change my name to bramblebag in the dcloneirc chat. As soon as i do so i am banned forever. Now i would like to know how this is justified. I tried explaining to the admin who did in fact ban me he did not reply. I understand that my friend got into some trouble before after i was banned. The only evidence that i have that i am not him is the fact is my IP is from canada alberta wheras his is from maryland America. I understand that there may have been a misunderstanding but the admin did not reply or even bother to check (note this is what i assume.) I did enjoy being part of the live chat. ALL the admin said to me was WELL WELL GAINTSPIDA then i was banned. I did not see the crime there i do not want to cause trouble just to clear something up. Please give me a solution if there is one present.

#2 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

Really im a person, ive been waiting quite patiently for a reply ive tried private messaging admins. But its like im plagued and no one wants anything whatsoever to do with me. Please take this misunderstanding into consideration.

#3 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

the person i was mistaken for was indeed banned from dcloneirc channels. IF that helps anything.

#4 Tyrion

Tyrion
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Looks like your friend played a cruel joke on you...if you call him a friend. I'm at a local university doing some research for my school project. When I log onto IRC at home, I'll pm some ops...and they'll do what they do best :P. Good luck mate.

Edited by Tyrion, 07 May 2007 - 03:30 PM.

#5 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Thanks alot M8 i really do appreciate it.

#6 PortalDeamon000

PortalDeamon000

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

I will look into the matter

#7 kever

kever

Net Admin

• Admin
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

I have looked in to it with portal and we can't seam to find a ban on your ip. Please try to reconnect to the irc server.

#8 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

hopefully this will help
Connecting...
Logging in...
-sport-import.dcloneirc.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-sport-import.dcloneirc.net- *** Found your hostname
-sport-import.dcloneirc.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong 7FCEDC4D or /raw pong 7FCEDC4D now.
-sport-import.dcloneirc.net- *** You are permanently banned from DCloneIRC (Gline Evasion set by kneee)
Error : Closing Link: advenger888[S01060018f874430a.cg.shawcable.net] (User has been permanently banned from DCloneIRC (Gline Evasion set by kneee))
Disconnected from irc.dcloneirc.net

I cannot thank you enough for helping me (:

#9 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

So ultimately no matter what i try to get onto DcloneIRC i keep getting that same ip banned message, please look into this further for me.

#10 advenger888

advenger888
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Bump