intelligent thoughts only

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:49 AM

idk how many people are with me on this but please dear llord say something intelligent when you post. something that might help someone or at least make them want to read not roll thier eyes and say "there's ______ on another one of his zen runs trying to make a revival tonic from teh atkshop"  i mean sure sometimes you gotta post or your just wasting time and attacks and stuff thats reasonable but be curteous enough to make it worthwhile.

#2 Rodik

Rodik
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

And you have to make a new thread about this just because... ?

==========================================

DCloneIrc.Net - The only place to be! For finding DClone of course!  DcloneIrc.net Is your source for Diablo II entertainment.

#3 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

because its getting beyond rediculous its causing certain people alot more work than they should have to be doing and its just wasteful and disrespectful if someone doesnt adress it outwardly somehow then hows it gonna stop unless they completely destroy the game cus it causes spammers....that doesnt seem liek a good or reasonable answer to me so....post about it.

#4 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:53 AM

and this from the person that posted "what are frags good for?"

#5 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:51 AM

There hasnt been much "unintelligent" threads going around. Ill try to bring in some intelligent debates and discussion worthy topics.

On the side note: I encourage everyone to post! :D

#6 Lungs-of-fire

Lungs-of-fire
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:48 AM

yeah lol wombat u been posting more than every one else i think this is just more zen for u everytime u reply...

#7 styrox

styrox
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

Reminds me of the "freeride" bulletin boards, if anyone remembers that... lol.

duck
duck
goose

#8 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

I like a good inteligent discussion and i agree that there has been some bad postings lately... so whats a good convo to start off an intelligent discussion... DClone? Trist Runs... tricks for beating nihilak ideas for an intelligent discussion anyone ?

#9 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

actually now that i think about it anyone have any good suggestions for nihilak running besides using a nature's peace?

#10 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

hammerdin?

#11 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

i've heard of necro's going down and just reanimating bodies over and over as minions die as a way to control the corpse explosion but i dunno if that is tru ?... and i havent tried a hammerdin although i know a nature's peace does not i repeat does not work with magic hammers... so ... any other ideas for quick nihilaks

#12 Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles
  • Deticated Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

View PostWolf, on Feb 22 2006, 02:59 AM, said:

i've heard of necro's going down and just reanimating bodies over and over as minions die as a way to control the corpse explosion but i dunno if that is tru ?... and i havent tried a hammerdin although i know a nature's peace does not i repeat does not work with magic hammers... so ... any other ideas for quick nihilaks

Get your merc that weapon that use Redemption (Can't think of it currently). Pheonix I believe. That will cause him not to be able to ressurect them. And Natures Peace DOES work with Hammers as well as Sorc's. I had several Light Sorc's just for key runs all using one Natures Peace when the new ladder had started. Your thinking of the ability....ugh now I can't think of it, lol. Prevents Monster Heal, I beleive. Anyway, your best bet is a Hammerdin if you can afford it. If not buys a Natures Peace and build a light sorc till you can afford a Hammerdin.

#13 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:48 PM

ty i read it wrong at arreat summit >.< ya ok try a hammerdin thats an idea :-) ty

#14 styrox

styrox
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:16 AM

Natures peace works fine with hammers. I think it only works on the creatures YOU kill, so if your merc finishes one, nih will explode that. Moral of the story: go without merc. easy kill even in full games.

//Sty

#15 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

yay finally some INTELIGENT posts ty for mention on merc ... i'm trying to figure a way to keep the merc tho and still have it work ... the only thing i can think of is using a tyrael's might but thats mighty expensive for a merc >.< i think i'll just do without merc ... any other ideas... how do huricane druids do ??? anyone thoughts?? i think that would work well but if there is some insight its appreciated by the whole for the sake of inteligent conversation

#16 Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles
  • Deticated Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:09 AM

View PostWolf, on Feb 22 2006, 04:30 AM, said:

yay finally some INTELIGENT posts ty for mention on merc ... i'm trying to figure a way to keep the merc tho and still have it work ... the only thing i can think of is using a tyrael's might but thats mighty expensive for a merc >.< i think i'll just do without merc ... any other ideas... how do huricane druids do ??? anyone thoughts?? i think that would work well but if there is some insight its appreciated by the whole for the sake of inteligent conversation

Not sure about Hurricane Druids, personaly don't like them and never will. But as far as I can tell they will work fine, unless you happen to meet a cold/physical immune. I also suggest using a merc, not only because Insight will help a lot, but if your a Hammerdin you could always just tele directly on him and just go at it. Normaly he does before he can get away unless your unlucky. Thats how I used to kill him without a Natures Peace. Also if your worried about your merc killing then just tele backwords every few seconds if you don't go for the direct attack. And if your a Hammerdin just put one point into Redemption. So when half of them are dead, tele back and switch auras and then go back at it. I personaly suggest the straight forward attack if your Hammerdin is strong enough, as it's the fastest.

#17 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:17 AM

you really want to know a good fast build for nihl runs

my barb pwns nihl and never i repeat never dies due to 3 main things capped dam red and max block and howl

simply put i run staright to him and howl to chase of his minions then kill him specificly and with capped dam red snakes are even no prob glitch or not but merc well hes toast with snakes

#18 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:50 AM

best universal strategy ive seen on nilithak (works best if you have tele via enigma or w/e) anyways best strategy ive seen is run in on one side and run back out making them follow you (most high levels have enough speed to not be surrounded) and hten charge on through the other side and pick off nili while his minions try to come at you if your merc has decent defense he shouldnt be pwned and should hold off any real advance of his trooops without causeing quick deaths and u can take off nilithak before he can even explode corpses.

#19 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

What if you want to take your merc. Is there anything you can put on him that will help out? or anything with SMRIP? My sorc does key runs with him but she has to bring the monsters out into the middle to kill them just in case my merc gets the last hit. She's cold/lite and likes the insight. Would a full lite sorc do better on Nhilithak?

#20 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

how did this turn from telling people to make intelligent posts to a d2 talk zone?..