- - - - -

Feeling Hungry? What is your favorite meal and Why? Share recipies too if u care to ^_^

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

hmm personally this is a difficult question there are soo many things to choose from ... pizza... lasagna ... chinesefood *omg dont get me started there are so many choices right there alone*... greek food *ty god for gyros and suvlakis*... home made spaghetti... CHICKEN PIE... shepard's pie... mashed potatoes ^_^... STUFFING WITH GRAVY WOOT ... the french canadian POUTINE soo good *frenchfries with gravy and cheese*... wow what too choose i'm so bad ... rather so hungary... CHILLI CHEASE DOGS WOOT WOOT *favorite snack*

i think my favorite meal would have to be home made spaghetti minus salad and substitue for stuffing with gravy >.< ... i know gross but u dont have to eat it i am ... now with the spaghetti u gotta pile on the parmesean chease or its not good LOL u need butter bread on the side and a glass of semi dry red wine on the side... umm hunger ... its taking over
ok now for the recipie if any of you care to try it its very good and cheap *serves 3-4 people maybe 5*
start by chopping up a yellow onion into small pieces and fry that in a pan with a heaping spoonful of minced garlic
when the onions are translucent add the meat... about a pound or so... of ground beef, chicken cubes/or shreaded, or sausage
cook the meet and when the meet is done add your sause into the pan because its gonna simmer... * use 2 jars of whatever kind of Ragu sause u like and rinse the bottles out with the red wine *i recomend Lake Country Red its good for cooking and drinking*
now you fill the jar with wine up to about the bottom of the paper lable on the ragu jar... seal it shake it pour it on in ... do that for both jars... if you like mushrooms add mushrooms at this time too... let the sause simmer for about a half an hour to cook off the alcohol
then add your sauce into the pot that you cooked your noodles in and mix it all up... none of that add the sause lader crap thats stupid >.< and there you have it ... my home made spaghetti and its great lol
*spaghetti may not be my favorite meal but i'm really feelin spaghetti tonight dog i'm not feelin that hotdog crap anymore* >.< haha

#2 Ret

Ret
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

Velveeta shells and cheese! I love their cheese and I'm a macaroni lover anyway.. Only velveeta makes mac n cheese with enough cheese that I can enjoy it. ^_^

#3 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

WOOOOT SHELLS ARE GOOD HOW DID I FORGET I HAVENT HAD THEM IN AGES >.< HMM SOOO GOOOD ... I THINK ANOTHER FAVORITE OF MINE IS A DESERT its called a seven layer cookie you bake it like brownies almost in a dish

Seven layer cookies start out with a whole stick of butter melted in the bottom of a glass square dish about 10 by 10 inches or so... then you put one cup of crumbled gram crackers over the butter evenly distributed and when i say crumbled i mean like powder almost and then... crap what next i'll have to get back but the rest of the layers are chocolate chips butterscotch chips one cup of walnuts one cup of coconuts and a can of sweetened condensed milk on top ... hmm i gotta check on the order ... IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND IT IS A HEAVENLY DESERT OMFG i'm drooling .... napkin LOL seriously its freaking awesome i'll get the recipie and post it later

#4 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

i have to go with lasagna only made the right way with ricotta cheese not cottage. since cottage cheeese is just plain gross and totally ruins the flavor. oh and also must have meat sauce not just cheese and tomato sauce. my personal homemade lasagna totally pwns any cheaply made restaurant crap. :)  *angel

#5 Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles
  • Deticated Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:46 AM

Being Italian and all, I know my food ;). I LOVE to cook. One of my favorite dishs to cook though is, Angel Hair Pasta with Crab ^_^. I personaly don't follow recipies so I can't really give one. I always enjoy experimenting and just dash's here, dash's there. I don't even use measuring cups. And my dad makes the GREATEST red pasta sauce on Earth. Sparxxx can vouch for that one, lol. My grandmother also makes very good Chickin Alfedo. Oh and my dad makes the most delicious Linguini and Clam Sauce ^_^. Oh god, I'm hungry just thinking about it <_<. If I remember, maybe I'll write down a general recipie for my Pasta and get my family's recipies for ya ;). But sadly, even after all this godly homemade food. My favorite food is still...General Tsou Chickin from my local Chinese resturaunt, lol. Makes me wish I was Chinese sometimes T_T.

Oh and Eagle, my family home-makes everything when we make Lasagna. So if you want to talk about some good Lasagna come to my house and try some ;). Again, Sparxx can vouch that anyone who comes to my house WILL get fat in a few days, lol.

#6 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

Briliant :-D i'm digin most of it except for the crab >.<  :P  i am not a sea food fan by any strech but i know everyone else likes it *food poisoning kinda ruined it for me when i had it first time* and i also cant get past the whole they eat the shit off the ocean floor idea *shivers bleh* but ya thats awesome >.< try my spaghetti recipie its perdy good and easy and CHEAP if ur a college student or something like me >.< and chianese oh ya i'm feeling the General tso's chicken also man i'm lovin the stuff at our local chianese place... big favorites there are General tso's chicken, hunan chicken, Chicken and cashue nuts, and Kang Bo chicken ummm spicy just like i want it :P yumm lick the bowl off good umm and WONTON SOUP WOOT WOOT ... one of the best things i could ever have when i'm sick it makes me better right away omg i love it... i'll get 2 quarts of it and sit there eat one for dinner and the other for breakfast >.< ummmm yum... egdrop is kinda nasty ... AND WHO DOESNT LIKE THE FRIED NOODLES WITH DUCK SAUSE THATS THE BOMB RIGHT THERE....
Hmmm any suggestions for gaming snacks ... i find oreos to be the bomb but i always kill the box >.< and the milk gets like bleh if u let it sit too long although i could get a chilled mug... hmm any ideas :-)
KEEP UP THE GOOD CONVO GUYS I'M SOO HUNGARY ALL THE TIME :P yumm yumm

#7 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

OMG WOLF THIS HAS TO BE THE HARDEST DECION OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!! But i'd have to say OnE of my favs is shrimp scampi with a wine sause! yuM!!!!!!!! also id have to say since im a BIG fan of italin food (since my parents worked near a italin restuarnt) i LOVE veal lemone (eh my spellin sucks). wow im starvin already!

I can't post the recipe cause i dont cook (only 11) *help.

But i will post this:

How to make the perfect cerial!!

fill the bowl half way with cinamon toast crunch

pour the milk around and ENJOY  :P

#8 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

SNIFFLES *cinamon toast crunch* sniffles my bastards for room mates threw half a bag of that out the other day  *diablo they must die >.< jk but those retards did throw out like one of the best cereals of all time >.< umm yum i'm hungary and i just made myself a doubble cheeseburger>.< lol ummm i wannanother  *help make me another burger quick >.< lol ya cereal is great :D :-P lick the bowl clean and dont be a dumper DRINK THE MILK ITS GOOD FOR U :P

#9 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

sweet man even tho im sick throw me one of those cheesburgers NOW only ketchup CHOPPED onions and lettues!!!! NOW MY SLAVE WORK *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo

#10 Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles
  • Deticated Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:45 PM

Favorite gaming snack....hm....Thats a toughie. Personaly, I found the most godly cereal at Food Lion. Muffin Tops, they taste EXACTLY like Blueberry muffins! They are soooooooo goooooooood. A really good snack though, is Popcorn with sugar on it. As crazy as it sounds it's really good. Let me see here...more snacks more snacks...oh! You can never go wrong with stuff like microwaveable chickin nuggets and such. Grab a plate, throw about 50 of them on it, get a small bowl of catsup and BOOM! Got yourself a nice little snack ^_^. But I guess if I had to go with a gaming snack it would have to be nothing XD. I'm so into my game normaly, that I don't even think about it. I'v played Halo all night once and never ate anything the whole time, and drank like 6 cans of Vault.

#11 immortalwombat

immortalwombat
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

i think top ramen of any kind is the best meal, and the reason isnt because its a really nice thing to eat its because the only times in my life ive ever had top ramen is when im incredibly hungry and i think the atmosphere of a meal is more important than the meal itself.  when your incredibly hungry anything tastes amazing and something thats great already like top ramen :) well it just works

#12 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

well i cant share the recipe but my favorite meal is my own home cooked biscuits :) butter biscuits that is. its a special family recipe therefore i cant tell you.. unless i kill you  *girl devil   :assassin:

other favorites are crabmeat spread/topping thingy for bread its made kinda like this but i dont know the exact recipe this is just my estimate >_>..

1 can of chunky Crabmeat
i think 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
like 3 table spoons of mayonaisse
some evaporated milk
a little less then a capful of brandy for taste.. hardly harmful :P
i think im forgetting something.. if its made again soon ill remember to watch and edit this post afterwards :)

another thing i love is Ice Cream soup :P

1 bowl of chocolate ice cream
1 microwave set to 40 seconds

heat it and all done :)

hmmm what else.. oooooooooooooo i know!

Tuna fish!!! ^_^

heres my recipe ask JAVA_Zealot my bf how good it is ;)

1 Can of tuna in vegtable oil
1 Can of Mayonaisse
Some evaporated milk
A little salt and pepper :P

Just open the can almost completely and then drain about 90% of the oil out so its still alittle wet but not soaked. Toss the tuna fish into the mixing bowl. Add about 3-4 tablespoons of Mayonaisse (Mayo lovers can add more.. my bf likes 7 tablespoons himself). Put about 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk in. If the tuna is a bit to thick add another tablespoon. Toss alittle salt and pepper in (how much is up to your own tastes) and stir until its nicely mixed. Then slap it on some bread or rolls and enjoy. :) You can also add other stuff in depending what you like I know someone that likes little diced apples in it also onion work too.

for gaming snack food... M&M's ^_^
for movies... Ritz Bitz crackers >_>

drink = SPRITE!!!

cant think of anything else as fav foods or recipes... :/

#13 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

favorite snack...... wow id have to say by a long blast 2 KING SIZE PACKS OF SOUR SKITTLES  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo  *diablo

FIRST OPEN THEM UP AT THE SAME TIME AND STUFF EM ALL IN YOUR MOUTH AT ONCE MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sour is my fav taste) if u guys have any other sour candies post it here ill grab it and tell u if its sour to me!!

Drink: SPRITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gamerzzzz snack: DONUTS *neo  *neo  :P  :P

#14 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

YES ICE CREAM its soo good when its slightly melted but i finished my second box the night before last >.< ummmm yum wait till its on sale at giant >.< hehe  yum yum stock the frige get fat

#15 eagle-strike

eagle-strike

Retired Ircop

• Retired Staff
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:23 AM

Well lets see gaming snakes pretty much equal w/e i can find. But i gotta say hickory stick and crackers just plain own. But currently i have a bag of assorted mini candy bars, milky way, snickers, twix 3 musketeers and milky way caramels. God i love the chocolate and caramel. But then again i have my bag of bugles to cover the salt content, and then of course the package of fudge stripes cookies :). I so love my snacks. Glad i have em tho or i'd get hungry reading about all the food, and Snuggles if they know how to make good food the way it belongs to be made not cheap immitations that sounds simply awesome.

#16 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:46 AM

ummm candy and stuff umm sounds good ... fatening too ... i'm so glad i can live life through my stomach LOL

#17 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

OMG I JUST REMBERED WHAT MAKES ME GO NUTS!!!! *man in love DuElCe De LeChE (carmel ice cream) ooooooooooo and i also love those milkay way carmels GIMMI!! *take example

#18 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

wow, from reading this thread. Im getting REALLY hungry.

*goes to munch on some food*

#19 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

i ate a whole tub of that ice cream the other day boom >.< lol it was soo good haha sorry u werent here to have some >.< and ya i'm tellin ya guys it is possible to life life through your stomach :-D lol i know i do :P

#20 JAVA_Boomman

JAVA_Boomman
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

i hate u wolf!! no fair!! :fuck:  :fuck: u!!!!!!!