Definative Leveling Guide:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fade_xf

fade_xf
  • Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

There were 2 people in another thread who stated they had no idea how to level fast... which gave me the idea to make this thread.  

Diablo 2 leveling is very mathematical.  Basically if you kill mobs in certain acts, you'll level fast.  Not to mention that "elite" mobs and their minions give you about 3x the normal experience.

I also want to point out that people have their own ways of leveling, and thus, you may want to spend up to level X at a certain point, where I would usually stay in that same area until level Y.

This being said:

Normal

Level 1 to 14 = Tristram Runs (Act 1, where you rescue cain)
Level 15 to 20 = Tomb Runs (Act 2, start on the far right or left, and then just kill tomb after tomb)
Level 20 to 24 = Cow Runs (Act 1, you'll need a higher level person to help out)
Level 24 to 25 = Summit (Act 5, fight the nasty 3 dudes all at once, you get a level)
Level 25 to 45 = Baal Runs (Act 5, baal's minions)

Nightmare

Level 45 to 46 = Summit (Act 5, fight the nasty 3 dudes all at once, you get a level)
Level 46 to 74 = Baal Runs (Act 5, baal's minions)

Hell

Level 75 to 99 = Baal Runs (Act 5, baal's minions)

It's as easy as that.  Be warned... after level 84, it becomes exponentially difficult getting levels.  We're talking like about 40 to 50 baal runs to get from level 85 to 86.  I think it took me about 5-6 hours of straight running to get from level 85 to 90.  After that, I don't bother... because it's just INSANE time to get to level 99.... and usually I have all the skills I need for my characters by level 90.  A lot of people stop at leevl 84.

-Fade

#2 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

Nice guide, moved to Hints and Techniques forum.

#3 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

View Postfade_xf, on Mar 26 2006, 07:38 AM, said:

Level 25 to 45 = Baal Runs (Act 5, baal's minions)

Nightmare

Level 45 to 46 = Summit (Act 5, fight the nasty 3 dudes all at once, you get a level)

I personally dont agree with that part... I think it's best to go to Nightmare at 39 or 40. Baal at level 41 is almost 3 levels in one game then once you hit 44 its 2 levels per game for abit. At level 39 you cant get NM Ancients so I reach level 40 by tagging along in Chaos during rush.

#4 billibr

billibr
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

I say get glitch rushed to act 5 hell and do chaos runs you can go from level 1 to 85+ in one day.

#5 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

leveling up baal wise takes one day too.. and i find it easier to find baal runs and get rushed then get a grush and chaos.. not enough people do grush/chaos compared to the others..

#6 RaMeN

RaMeN
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

i agree. with sango n the grush

@40, nm | @60, hell

or grush
1-20@chaos, 20-25@ full cows normal, 25-60@ chaos,
60-85+ @ baal

#7 -sKiPPz-

-sKiPPz-
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:32 AM

If you have the whole grush planned down to baal quest donors and a full priv chaos game waiting as soon as you're done with the grush (like they should be) then I have to disagree and say that a grush would be much faster, but only under that circumstance.

#8 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

yea but sadly that will never happen for me x_x so i stick to the alt method.. finding my own baal runs is cake.. in normal im always good enough to run the runs myself and nm/hell has tons of runs

#9 OwnzorBeZ

OwnzorBeZ
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:28 PM

i think the grush is faster even if u dont have a priv chaos waiting for u.. theres more and more chaos now and u can easily find someone trusted to grush u for fgs or anything