- - - - -

The Official guide on how to Find the Uber Diablo Clone and get the rare Annihilus Charm!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image
The Official guide on how to Find the Uber Diablo Clone and get the rare Annihilus Charm!

1) Introduction to DClone Hunting.
You can only get a rare unique Annihilus charm from Uber Diablo, commonly known as Diablo Clone (DC or Dclone) and Annihilus known as (Anni). This guide is to help explain different areas of Dclone hunting, and make it more clear  on the areas that some people might not get or are confused about. It might be a bit hard at first, but you will get the hang of it eventually. After a while, anni/dclone hunting would be a piece of cake.
This is how an annihilus charm looks like. The stats range from 10-20 res/attrib and the exp ranges from 5-10%.
Posted Image
Posted Image

2) What character to make that is able to kill the Diablo Clone.
The best possible character to make to kill Diablo Clone as fast as possible is a smiter. Other chars such as javazons, and hammerdins do a good job too, but a smiter can take down DC in under 10seconds. And also a smiter built right will help you kill the Tristam bosses with ease too.

Diablo Clone is much stronger than the normal bosses. (excluding Tristam Event)
Diablo Clone has the following resistances:
Cold: +95%
Fire: +95%
Lightning: +95%
Poison: +95%
Magic: +50%
Physical: +50%
-Melee Attack 1 has 14043 Attack Rating.
-Melee Attack 2 has 13064 Attack Rating.
-Defense is about 2940
-50% Chance to Block
-Monster level of 110
(Note all these stats are assuming only one player is in the game)

All the same attack as Chaos Santuary Diablo plus one more. Armageddon.
All attacks are much stronger then Chaos Diablo.
He also heals damage at an increased rate.

* Note that Sorc's are very useless when it comes to killing Clone, even with infinity equiped on a merc.

Lots of physical or magic damage with gear that add Crushing blow mod would make you invinsible against Diablo Clone. The gear might be expensive, but there are cheap gears that can be used to make a smiter also :D

Paladin Smiter
Skills:
20 - Smite
20 - Fanaticism
20 - Holy Shield
20 - Defiance
1 - Redemption
1 - Salvation (no prereqs required)
1 point in each prereq
Total = 91
Extras:
1 - Vengence
Rest - Zeal

Stats:
Strength - Enough base str to put on a COA fully equiped. If you use HOZ & Enigma you only need 100 str or less at level 90 (Assuming you have a annihilus, and Hellfire Torch).
Dexterity - put enough points here to max block with Holy Shield
Energy - None.
Vitality - All the rest of your points go here.

Gear: -Decent Equipment
Helm: Guillames Face (Um'd or ber'd) (Oprhans Call set item)
Armor: Chains of Honor Runeword
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
Sheild: Upgraded HoZ (Herald of Zak) (Um'd)
Boots: SandStorm Treks
Rings: Dwarf Star, Raven Frost
Amulet: Highlords Wrath
Weapon: Heavens Light
Belt: Thundergods
Life Tap wand: (Use lifetap on dclone to replenish your life really quickly)

Gear: -Expensive Equipment
Helm: Guillames Face (ber'd) (Oprhans Call set item) or 2os Crown of Ages preferably with 2x 40/15 Ias (Any mix of Cham/Ber/4015 Ias works)
Armor: Chains of Honor runeword
Gloves: Dracul's 's Grasp, or Crafted Gloves with 20% IAS and 10% Crushing blow.
Shield: A high defense ethereal Exile with good ED/Resist. or UP'd 200% zod's ethereal HoZ (Herald of Zakarum)
Shield/Weapon on Backside: Lidless wall (or +2 skills Spirit Monarch - ladder) for +1 Skills and a CTA for Battle Orders/Command to increase your life/skills.
Belt: 15% DR Verdungo with 40 vitality.
Boots: Upgraded Gore Riders or perfect eth SandStorm Treks.
Weapon: The best weapon to use Last Wish Runeword since it has the second most crushing blow of all items at 70%, and gives might aura to increase your damage. The second best weapon is now a Grief Phase Blade because it adds 330-400 damage, which goes directly to smite. The #3rd choice is a Ber'd Astreons Wand (both Grief & Astreons are ladder only). You can use a Doom Berserker axe vs. classes that run away from you. A good Astreon's adds +4 combat skills. With the skills bonus + built in crushing blow, Astreons + HOZ will always beat a Doom + Exile setup (Smiter vs. Smiter).
Amulet/Rings: Mara's Kalaidescope, BK rings (bul kathos) for the +skills & life. Use one ravenfrost ring too. Wisp is also helpful to deal with Lightning Absorb.

3) How to find Diablo Clone
Using mIRC has by far made the whole dclone hunting experience alot easier to find, and alot more fun. Instead of random mfing hoping to find a game with a soj count. Well i can tell you Diablo Clone is easy to find if you have ALOT of patience.

When creating game you are joining Battle.net servers, these server ips start from xx.xxx.xxx.17 and go all the way to xx.xxx.xxx.180. You might think your chances of finding a game would be very low with that much ips to look through. Not at all!
When Dclone walks a server all games that were created on that server before Dclone pop will have Diablo Clone in their game. You will get a message like "Diablo Walks the Earth" it might start shaking if your not using maphack.
When does Diablo Clone walk on a server? When there are 80-130 Stones of jordans sold. Its random, so Diablo can walk with 81sojs sold or it could walk on the 130th soj sold. Note that you cannot buy back your sojs. :P ( i know, it would've been great if you could)

There is a Dclone hunting chat channel were all the dedicated clone hunter gather. It's located on a mIRC network. You can download mIRC from here http://www.mirc.com/ (it is for free, and they will say you get a trial, but once the trial is over, you can keep clicking continue and connect.)

Connecting to mIRC dclone server.

**Recommended** You will need to run Diablo 2 in a window to make it easy on yourself.  To do this you will have to alter your shortcut to Diablo 2

Right click on diablo ii shortcut icon>properties> add -w at the end of target
Posted Image

1) After installing mIRC clients click open it up go to tools>options, then go to servers option. Clicks add, and you should see that.
Posted Image

2) when done click add and then ok. Then there should be the connect icon on the mIRC toolbar. Click "connect". And you should be connected to the dcloneirc network server. You will automatically be in the lobby channel.
Posted Image

or you can put in #uswest-dclone if your west and #europe-dclone if your on europe server.

3) Once you have joined the channel, people will probably be chatting about whatever, but notice the topic of the channel. It will look something like this:
(Alliance ) ( HOT: ) ( Active: ) ( SLOW:65) ( WALKED: 39, 53) (Welcome to Useast-Dclone to see the info on a ip type ?? help, Please report all counts as IP@COUNT to the ops, and please visit the forums at www.dcloneirc.net/forums)
Posted Image

You see Hot, Active, Slow and Walked.
-Walked means the server has popped, and it's done (dclone has walked on that server).
-Slow means the server has had some SOJS sold on it, but nobody is selling now.
-Active means SOJS are currently being sold on it, and should pop soon.
-Hot means lots of selling of SOJS on it, and it will pop any minute. If you get in a active game, you will see a count come up that says “xxx Stones of Jordan have been sold to merchants” where xxx is the current count. On average, anywhere from 1-5 servers could be popped. The only trouble is that sometimes you cant get onto the right server in time.
Channel Commands:
-top (shows the top three ip's with most counts
For any other commands just type ?? help or ask :)

What is Co-op?
-Now Co-Op is an organized clone hunt that costs 8 nl sojs to enter. After paying everyone who has payed will receive a hot ip. You then have approximately 3 hours to search for the ip you are given. 3 hours later that ip will pop and you will get you clone in every game you have on that ip. The channel for co-op is #co-op. You can join it by typing /join #co-op

**Reminder**
DClone Server: irc.dcloneirc.net
Channels: #useast-dclone, #uswest-dclone, #europe-dclone
You can also use a JAVA client to connect to the server: JAVA IRC

To search for a given ip just follow these steps:
1) Create a game (always remember to password it so nobody steals your Anni)
2) click on run>type cmd
3) type netstat -n |find "4000"
4) the ip will look something like this: xx.xxx.xxx.45.4000
5) Then just press the up arrow then enter everytime you join a new game.

Note: Dont make games to fast or you will get Temporary IP ban from the battle.net servers. There is no way of forcing yourself onto a IP, so your best bet is to keep making. You have a 1 in 150 chance of landing on the right server, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Thats why alot of people pre-camp the server and wait for it to pop. Sometimes it takes me 2games to find it, and others it takes me 200. Please be sure that your difficulty is set to Hell mode, because DClone will not pop on normal or nightmare game. You can sell SOJs on a normal or nightmare game for DClone to pop. Usually sellgames are made normal, so people can get their mules in it easier.

Guide on how to bypass Realm Down (Temporary IP ban) - By FlAWD.
ChangeMAC - Change or create a new MAC address on any network interface - By R1CH.

4) IP Finding Features

Bots
-There is also an great bot that will search games for you, you can find the bot here (best ip searching bot out there): F1ndIP by R1CH.

Tools
-You can use Reporter. It will watch for any SOJ sales / walks in your game and report them to the server so that the bots are immediately updated and accurate count/walk info is available at all times. and it will also give the games ip in the title of you diablo II window. Found @ http://www.dcloneirc.net/reporter/

Other
Also most maphacks have the ip feature. Such as mousepads, c3p0 etc.

If you need any help with bots/tools or anything technical support please feel free to join our live support @
Server: irc.dcloneirc.net
Channel: #bots (type /join #bots)

5) Help/Credits
I would like to give credits to the following people:
-Main credits to Hoarshade from diabloii.net for the original idea of the guide.
-Cr33kfr34k
-JAVA_Sango
-FLAWD
and anyone else who helped me make this guide and the sources i used to make this guide.

#2 JAVA_Gib

JAVA_Gib

Clan JAVA

• Deticated Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

Correction 2xBered Heaven's light has higher crushing blow = 73%
but last wish is still better

#3 Toothfariy

Toothfariy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:33 PM

wait so you will lose 80 soj's?? or can do u sell them then buy back?

#4 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

you lose them :/ nl sojs aint worth much though so for 8 u can do co-op in which you can get a few ladder annis depending on how many keys u got so its a good buy

#5 c_a

c_a
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

I appologize if this has been patched already:

View Postario, on Dec 3 2005, 06:33 PM, said:

Shield: A high defense ethereal Exile with good ED/Resist. or UP'd 200% zod's ethereal HoZ (Herald of Zakarum)
Doesn't the armor upgrade bug make an Um'd or Ber'd non-eth HoZ preferable, upgraded or not?

Quoted from http://newd2event.ne...mor_Upgrade_Bug :

Eth Armor Upgrade Bug

Affects Realms and SP/Open
Due to a calculation skip, the ethereal bonus to defense is lost when upgrading any unique ethereal armor piece (belt, gloves, boots, armor, shield, helm). The item remains ethereal, but loses all defense bonuses. There is no fix at the moment.

From GoddessLeela/Leelality:
When a piece of armor is dropped, its defense is calculated in the following manner:
1) A random number is selected between the min/max base defense for that armor type.
2) If the armor has ED%, step 1 is ignored and the base defense is instead set to max+1
3) If the armor is ethereal, multiply the base defense by 1.5
4) ED% is applied as a multiplier on base defense
5) Defense+X is added
... and you have the final, displayed defense rating for armor.

Now, for the bug: when you upgrade unique armor, steps 2 and 3 are skipped when calculating the new defense.

Many armors which have elite min not much above exceptional max will not benefit much from the upgrade, and will probably not be worth upgrading at all considering the rune cost and str/level reqs. *Ethereal* versions of armor are even less worthy to upgrade, as they lose the 50% bonus and can often end up with *lower* defense and have higher reqs. Not a good deal. :-

This is my first post here, so if I'm totally wrong, please go easy on me. :)

#6 dokter

dokter
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

hi i am new i tried joinin the channel but no one was there

#uswest-dclone this is what i typed

#7 Alatlab

Alatlab
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

Im intrested in DChunting but i can't get the IRC to work...first your image links are broken and im sure i can find the answer there but...

When i type in ?? help, it says :

#useast-dclone You must have a registered nick (+r) to talk on this channel (#useast-dclone)

How do i register?

#8 Kilaaa

Kilaaa
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

View PostAlatlab, on Aug 28 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

Im intrested in DChunting but i can't get the IRC to work...first your image links are broken and im sure i can find the answer there but...

When i type in ?? help, it says :

#useast-dclone You must have a registered nick (+r) to talk on this channel (#useast-dclone)

How do i register?

type /ns register ''your pass'' ''your email''

and i think u will receive an email

#9 ario

ario

User

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

View PostAlatlab, on Aug 28 2007, 03:11 PM, said:

...first your image links are broken

Fix'd.  ;)

#10 UberSmith

UberSmith
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Why are the channel bots so out dated?

Edited by UberSmith, 26 December 2007 - 11:15 PM.

#11 PortalDeamon000

PortalDeamon000

East Operator

• IrcOps
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

they are up to date now, they were just offline for a while.

#12 AnniFinder

AnniFinder
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

how much are n-l sojs worth exacly? is it still 3 hrs?or is it lowered because of high amount of dupes?

#13 Kappash

Kappash
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

How can I join the mIRC Server?
Your tutorial has holes in it. >.<
I went to: Tools -> Options -> Servers -> Add -> ????

Then what must I type in/do?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it, it's kidna vague though.

Edited by Kappash, 05 August 2008 - 10:31 AM.

#14 LordSesshoumaru

LordSesshoumaru
  • Channel Ops
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

View Postario, on Dec 3 2005, 08:33 PM, said:

* Note that Sorc's are very useless when it comes to killing Clone, even with infinity equiped on a merc.

this is 100% untrue i have killed dclone with a light sorc many times

#15 Uchiha-Sango

Uchiha-Sango

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

Your a sorc god then cus outside of SP (And YouTube Of course -_-) I dont think I've ever seen a sorc beat dclone :/

#16 LordSesshoumaru

LordSesshoumaru
  • Channel Ops
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

View PostUchiha-Sango, on Aug 14 2008, 01:56 AM, said:

Your a sorc god then cus outside of SP (And YouTube Of course -_-) I dont think I've ever seen a sorc beat dclone :/

let me get a sorc set up on ladder and ill show you XD

edit: or non ladder since it would be eaiser

#17 David559er

David559er
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:25 AM

Summon Necros are good too...I killed dclone easily with mine

#18 Killerme99

Killerme99
  • Channel Ops
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

View PostDavid559er, on Jul 31 2009, 02:25 AM, said:

Summon Necros are good too...I killed dclone easily with mine

Yep had fun with mine along time ago. I would switch between amp dam & life tap ;p

#19 true_lucif3r

true_lucif3r
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

View PostKappash, on Aug 5 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

How can I join the mIRC Server?
Your tutorial has holes in it. >.<
I went to: Tools -> Options -> Servers -> Add -> ????

Then what must I type in/do?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it, it's kidna vague though.

vague it sure is...  need sme help here coz i cant fill them blanks... any1?

damnit... forget it i found it

Edited by true_lucif3r, 04 November 2009 - 05:17 AM.

#20 mrnt0810

mrnt0810
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

very helpful indeed. Thx